5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alexa to start truck?

jayray38

Reaction score
Anyone get this feature to work yet? Using your "in home" Amazon Alexa and the Ram skill to start your truck. All I get is "You don't have a vehicle in your account.... Please go to ram.com and register an eligible vehicle".

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got mine to work, but I ky used it once just to mess with it. Can't remember what I had to do to get it to work

mccfamily

Reaction score
I'm getting the same thing. all kinds of frustration and pulling my hair out. Wanted to try it with the free trial. The trial time will come to an end and I never got it to work. I also get a button on the owner's Mopar site that says "non-owner" I click on it and get the message "The vehicle ownership records we have on file do not match the VIN you entered. If you recently purchased your vehicle, it may take some time to update." It's been almost 3 months and the free trial is about to end.

jayray38

Reaction score
I get the exact same thing!! No one that I've called had been able to help however Ram Cares told me the Alexa thing isn't available for the new trucks (2022) with the Uconnect 5 but will hopefully within the first quarter of the new year it will be implemented.

mccfamily

Reaction score
I get the exact same thing!! No one that I've called had been able to help however Ram Cares told me the Alexa thing isn't available for the new trucks (2022) with the Uconnect 5 but will hopefully within the first quarter of the new year it will be implemented.
Yeah, right after the free trial is over.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
So because of this thread I had to try it. Was easy to install for me and works every time.
The only issue is the commands are too wordy.
Alexa... ask ram to start my truck...
Tom

jayray38

Reaction score
So because of this thread I had to try it. Was easy to install for me and works every time.
Tom
Is this on a new 2022 Ram truck with the Uconnect 5?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear Alexa is working, I can't get Google Assistant working. I tried asking and it said it sent a something to my phone to link my account and nothing was there.

jchuchla

Reaction score
I can't get it working either. I get an error response on the Echo that says that this vehicle doesn't have an active connected services account. When i log into manage the connected services, i see that it is active. I didn't bother to call support. It feels like all the ram/uconnect/mopar IT infrastructure is a fragile mess. I wouldn't be surprised if something is messed up on the back end with my account.

Alexa does start my wife's 21 Pacifica with the Uconnect 5 without problems though.

jayray38

Reaction score
Mine's working now since the last update to 23.13!!! It's awesome to have Alexa start my truck in the morning!

undertow119

Reaction score
Tom
You can set up "Routines" in the alexa app, with custom commands. I added "Start my truck", "Unlock my truck" and "Lock my truck" as "routines", so now I can just say "Alexa, start my truck" instead of "Alexa, ask Ram to start my truck". Saves a few words, and easier to remember.

jayray38

Reaction score
Have you tried a "scheduled routine"? Would it even work?
I've set up one.... I'll let you know later if it even worked.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
You can set up "Routines" in the alexa app, with custom commands. I added "Start my truck", "Unlock my truck" and "Lock my truck" as "routines", so now I can just say "Alexa, start my truck" instead of "Alexa, ask Ram to start my truck". Saves a few words, and easier to remember.
This is genius! Just tried it and it works great.
Thanks
Tom

undertow119

Reaction score
Have you tried a "scheduled routine"? Would it even work?
I've set up one.... I'll let you know later if it even worked.
Seems like it should work, but I haven't tried it. As long as you have the passcode disabled (Account->Application Settings->Virtual Assistant), it should work like any other scheduled operation.

jayray38

Reaction score
Seems like it should work, but I haven't tried it. As long as you have the passcode disabled (Account->Application Settings->Virtual Assistant), it should work like any other scheduled operation.
Update.... Just got it to work!!! Woooooohoooooo! 👍

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Update.... Just got it to work!!! Woooooohoooooo! 👍
Good job! For some reason mine worked once and now all it does is start the Ram skill. If anyone has any suggestions im all ears.
Tom

Theworthyone

Reaction score
How do I get it to actually start the truck and not just open the ram skill?

Users who are viewing this thread