5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alexa or Google Home and Uconnect

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
curious to know if anyone has actually gotten the Alexa app to work with uconnect. Has anyone been able to tell Alexa to start their truck or check the gas as they show in the video. Also really wondering if they have made it compatible with Google home which it seems to be taking over as well now. I did see the post from back in April of 2018 but then it died. So assuming a lot has been updated since then and these devices have become much more mainstream so I would love to hear or see if anyone's been able to really use it without glitches. Would love to see videos if you got them.

Maple

Reaction score
I haven't tried Google Home, but couldn't get Alexa to work as recently as earlier this month. Doesn't seem like the skill has been updated in a long time.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would think the autos and navs. would jump on this as everyone is now jumping to smart lights, locks, doorbells, theremostats. We all have our phones with us so can just tell it to start truck instead if the fob and talk to Alexa or GH at home. Get on board FCA! Even my oil tank at home tells me when to reorder oil. Lol

Chris

Reaction score
It is only for Uconnect Access, which is for 2013-2017 Rams. 5th Gens use SiruisXM Guardian, which does not have an "Alexa Skill" yet.

Boozygoose

Reaction score
Well, the Ram and/or Mopar app can't find a nearest dealer, even if I'm sitting in the dealer, so I'm not holding my breath for Alexa connectivity.

The 12" can't get vehicle health reports like my 3 year old Jeep GC.

Chris

Reaction score
1550697024429.png
Note the generic line "Search for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram and download the appropriate app..."; that is because the app didn't exist when the faq was made, but the writer was told that it would be finished when this was published. Well, they lied to that writer, and now this page of the faq is useless. Maybe one day they will actually make the "appropriate app".

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are hilariously behind on Uconnect issues, from spelling errors all the way down to advertised features that just plain aren't even there or straight up don't work. I think the forum should write a script so that anytime Uconnect is typed out, it automatically tags @RamCares lol

Rich

Reaction score
Did anyone try calling seriusxm and asking if the feature can be enabled?

The manual implies that you need to call and ask for it. I haven't tried calling yet.

Installing the Alexa skill and trying to use it and it tells me I don't have a vehicle even if I linked my account already.

Chris

Reaction score
Did anyone try calling seriusxm and asking if the feature can be enabled?

The manual implies that you need to call and ask for it. I haven't tried calling yet.

Installing the Alexa skill and trying to use it and it tells me I don't have a vehicle even if I linked my account already.
When the Uconnect Alexa skill is first opened, it states it is only for 2017 and older vehicles.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just saw on Amazon the Enable Alexa to start your vehicle skill, and it listed 2018 and newer Ram's. Has anyone been able to get this to work yet with the uConnect? It says you need uConnect 4C/ 4c Nav with 8.4 or 12" screens. Here is the page on Amazon's site. Hate it that FCA shows all these things but they never work. Nav maps out of date, no updates since 2017, Alexa, etc. Hopefully someone has had luck with this. My truck is in JB, so it should arrive in a few weeks.

Amazon.com_ RAM_ Alexa Skills.png

klail

Reaction score
Just saw on Amazon the Enable Alexa to start your vehicle skill, and it listed 2018 and newer Ram's. Has anyone been able to get this to work yet with the uConnect? It says you need uConnect 4C/ 4c Nav with 8.4 or 12" screens. Here is the page on Amazon's site. Hate it that FCA shows all these things but they never work. Nav maps out of date, no updates since 2017, Alexa, etc. Hopefully someone has had luck with this. My truck is in JB, so it should arrive in a few weeks.

View attachment 18686
Nice find!! I won't be able to try this until later but if nobody has reported back by then, I will.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like it's there on the Alexa app now too (wasn't just a few weeks ago as far as I know). I downloaded it, and it says it's enabled and I hooked it up to my Sirius XM Guardian account. I'll try it when I get home.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like it's there on the Alexa app now too (wasn't just a few weeks ago as far as I know). I downloaded it, and it says it's enabled and I hooked it up to my Sirius XM Guardian account. I'll try it when I get home.

Great to see that there appears to be some movement this. I emailed FCA in their contact form to see what they have to say.

Rich

Reaction score
The last time I tried, it only told me that I don't have any RAM vehicles.

But I just tried it just now from my phone using my Alexa App and it WORKED!

I had to provide my PIN by voice, but this seems to be working now!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The last time I tried, it only told me that I don't have any RAM vehicles.

But I just tried it just now from my phone using my Alexa App and it WORKED!

I had to provide my PIN by voice, but this seems to be working now!

would love to see you do it on video standing next to your Ram. You're the first one!

Rich

Reaction score
would love to see you do it on video standing next to your Ram. You're the first one!

Cool to know I'm the first, but it does work. I added the RAM skill to my phone's Alexa app, authorized it, and then tried it "Ask RAM to start my car". It then asked for my PIN and if I wanted to start my 1500. Vrrrooom! It started right up.

In fact, my GF was just leaving and called me all nervous as she didn't know why my truck started as she walked past it. I just told her it was excited to see her! :)

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be honest, Today, you were more excited to start your truck than see her! We all get so excited with techy stuff like this hahaha

grinch72

Reaction score
Yes. It works but you are using the wrong skill. You need to use the RAM skill and NOT the Connect skill.

IMG_0715.png

Users who are viewing this thread