5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension keyfob entry exit

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Has anyone had an Issue with the entry/exit mode with the keyfob? Mine seems to only work about half the time. Push keyfob button twice then lights flash and sometimes it does nothing other times it lowers? I only use it when showing people the truck. It is concerning it seems to only work half the time. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recommend downloading the pdf version of the manual so you can search on it. Under Keys (not air suspension), there is this nugget:

The following conditions must be met for the vehicle to lower remotely:
• The vehicle must not already be in Entry/Exit (Park) ride height.
• The vehicle battery must be fully charged.
• All doors must be closed.
• The key fob must be out of the vehicle.

greatrush2112

Reaction score
When lowering to entry/exit mode with the key fob, should there be a noticeable noise coming from the rear of the truck, or should it lower silently? I definitely hear a mechanical noise. Just wanted to know if that’s normal.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had an Issue with the entry/exit mode with the keyfob? Mine seems to only work about half the time. Push keyfob button twice then lights flash and sometimes it does nothing other times it lowers? I only use it when showing people the truck. It is concerning it seems to only work half the time. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Mine works intermittently also

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When lowering to entry/exit mode with the key fob, should there be a noticeable noise coming from the rear of the truck, or should it lower silently? I definitely hear a mechanical noise. Just wanted to know if that’s normal.

Do you think it might be the compressor? It is a sealed system so any raising or lowering involves moving gas from tanks to struts or vice versa.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine works intermittently also

I still go back to the "conditions" that must all be right. One of them is "battery charged" but we don't know what that voltage level is. If your battery is just below that, you'll get no action.
I am hoping the eTorque system will eliminate the battery voltage from the AS and remote start equations since the eTorque battery is supposed to recharge the 12V battery.

AZOutdoors

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. The lights blink 8 times and then it does’t move. Does this about half the time.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish the "smart" center cluster could be put into nerd mode where it would tell you the offending condition. Would make our lives easier in figuring out why it won't behave.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I believe it is the compressor. I also hear it for no reason sometimes when I’m outside. Probably just self correcting itself and reminding me it is there lol.

borant

Reaction score
I do remote engine start first and then suspension button on remote. It always works when engine is running.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try "waking up" the truck by pushing a button once (lock or unlock) before attempting to lower it. My Jeep Grand Cherokee had the same issue with the remote rear hatch. It worked consistently after owners learned that the CPU in the GC goes to sleep to save the battery and waking it up before double clicking the hatch button did the trick. The Jeep sleeps after 10 minutes. That made it seem intermittent. Worth a try.

Last edited:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do remote engine start first and then suspension button on remote. It always works when engine is running.

That leads me to believe it is an overly sensitive battery voltage preventing a remote lowering. Here are the conditions (assuming you're not doing the boneheaded #1):
• The vehicle must not already be in Entry/Exit (Park) ride height.
• The vehicle battery must be fully charged.
• All doors must be closed.
• The key fob must be out of the vehicle.

Although @ExcursionDiesel makes an interesting point. I'll have to try that.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you're able to lower the vehicle to the entry exit height as you're pulling up to your driveway or into a parking space. It would be nice for it to start lowering as you're pulling in so that way by the time you turn off the ignition and are ready to leave it's already been lowered. Otherwise it seems you have to wait 10 seconds for it to finish lowering witchwood make it not often used. oh and then can you confirm the same when you leave do you have to manually raise it to normal level or will it raise automatically on its own? I think I read somewhere that about 50 miles per hour in raises to normal driving mode earlier can someone just confirm that part also

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you're able to lower the vehicle to the entry exit height as you're pulling up to your driveway or into a parking space. It would be nice for it to start lowering as you're pulling in so that way by the time you turn off the ignition and are ready to leave it's already been lowered. Otherwise it seems you have to wait 10 seconds for it to finish lowering witchwood make it not often used. oh and then can you confirm the same when you leave do you have to manually raise it to normal level or will it raise automatically on its own? I think I read somewhere that about 50 miles per hour in raises to normal driving mode earlier can someone just confirm that part also
Yes, you can lower the truck at low speeds (such as when entering a parking garage). I can’t remember the second part (what speed the truck rises on its own, if any).

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can lower to Entry/Exit at speeds below 15 mph (I think). The truck automatically raises to AERO mode (the next lowest setting) above that same speed. The truck will lower from Normal to Aero above 50 mph if the option is enabled through the display.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it's 15 mph.
Not 50 like voice to text typed in my earlier post. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ss69nielsen

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find a "fix" for the intermittent key fob working for entry mode? I'm having the same issue.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did anyone ever find a "fix" for the intermittent key fob working for entry mode? I'm having the same issue.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, @Ss69nielsen. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please be sure to let us know via PM!

Mark
RamCares

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just to get this right, when entering a parking garage with a 6’6” height, in order to lower the suspension, there’s a toggle switch to use? I thought I would scrape the roof on the one I parked in...

I saw the “entry-exit” reply above however didn’t know I could use it while moving.

Users who are viewing this thread