5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride suspension issue, will not raise to Off Road Level 2

Atcje

Reaction score
I know there's a forum for this but wanted to see if anyone knows something that I don't. My 2 day old Limited will not raise to level 2 off road. Has there been a change that I'm unaware of? The one I test drove 5 weeks ago had all 5 levels but the one I ordered and just took delivery of only 4 levels work. Am I doing something wrong or is this thing already needing to go to the shop?

immersivenc

Reaction score
Do you have the 4x4 Off-Road Package? If so, your truck is not equipped with OR-2

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Air suspension with off-road charges Normal position to OR1 and deletes the non-ORP normal. Use the Rebel Air Suspension info in the manual.

Atcje

Reaction score
Yes it has the off road package, well that explains it. Glad to know that, was hoping it was something along those lines. Wonder why that's not spelled out in the manual....

immersivenc

Reaction score
Yes it has the off road package, well that explains it. Glad to know that, was hoping it was something along those lines. Wonder why that's not spelled out in the manual....

There are several discussions on this, but the cliffs notes version is ORG= 1” lift so Aero= non ORG normal, Normal= non ORG OR1 and OR= non ORG OR2. Trucks still max out at the same height. I believe it is due to limitation of travel for the air bags.

sgk

Reaction score
Does the 4x4 Off-road pkg drive any rougher or just less aerodynamic?

immersivenc

Reaction score
Does the 4x4 Off-road pkg drive any rougher or just less aerodynamic?

Haven’t A/B’d but my ORG group truck rides like a Cadillac. Best ride is in Aero mode. Love your RamBoxes!

sgk

Reaction score
Haven’t A/B’d but my ORG group truck rides like a Cadillac. Best ride is in Aero mode. Love your RamBoxes!
Thank you. Can it be in aero mode all the time for city/hwy driving?

Robalo

Reaction score
I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to find this post and forum. My truck is been at the dealership for a week while they were trying to figure out why it wouldn’t raise the fifth level. The dealer had no clue and they opened up a star case with Chrysler to try to troubleshoot it. It’s very frustrating that none of the mechanics or the service writers have any knowledge on this truck. I finally decided to just pick up my truck and will do my own research. In 30 seconds on this site I was able to find the answer of why my truck won’t raise to the fifth level.

So just for clarification when it’s in the highest mode which would be the fourth? Is that reaching the 11 inches of ground clearance? I see that the fifth orange light comes on briefly when I’m starting the truck but then goes away.

I’m confused on why having the 4 x 4 package would eliminate OR1 and OR2.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to find this post and forum. My truck is been at the dealership for a week while they were trying to figure out why it wouldn’t raise the fifth level. The dealer had no clue and they opened up a star case with Chrysler to try to troubleshoot it. It’s very frustrating that none of the mechanics or the service writers have any knowledge on this truck. I finally decided to just pick up my truck and will do my own research. In 30 seconds on this site I was able to find the answer of why my truck won’t raise to the fifth level.

So just for clarification when it’s in the highest mode which would be the fourth? Is that reaching the 11 inches of ground clearance? I see that the fifth orange light comes on briefly when I’m starting the truck but then goes away.

So do you have a truck with the off-road package? Or just a 4x4 truck?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

VERY happy you found this forum...so that we can tell you to find a new dealer :eek:

immersivenc

Reaction score
VERY happy you found this forum...so that we can tell you to find a new dealer :eek:

No kidding. FCA across the board seems to do a miserable job of educating both sales and service about new products. When I ordered my truck I mentioned something about the eTorque system to one of the service people. He looked me straight in the face and said “What’s that?”

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No kidding. FCA across the board seems to do a miserable job of educating both sales and service about new products. When I ordered my truck I mentioned something about the eTorque system to one of the service people. He looked me straight in the face and said “What’s that?”
But why then is a dealer like @BobbiBigWheels up to date? I think it's laziness on the dealers part to not be interested in their own product. Everyone gets complacent at work and I think it's up to the individual to learn about what the manufacturers are sending them. There was a ton of info on the web since April... admittedly I did know more about my Rebel than the salesman, he thanked me for the learning experience as we ordered my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread