5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air filter questions

Reaction score
I recently had a 2008 ram 1500 Hemi with an k&n cold air intake, in which the sound difference was awesome. But didn’t really notice anymore pep. I know purchased a 2019 ram 1500 hemi, and can’t decide to go with either a filter, or cold air intake. I know that your not gonna gain much horsepower+ with either of them, but what I’m looking for. Is which one will give that extra roar (sound) and hp+ Meaning which name brand, and which type. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

ram0686

Reaction score
This is what I went with...

It looks like the oem intake setup is non-restricted already. I took a dremel and routed out the plastic rivets on the intake lid, and removed the charcoal filter.

Spectre Performance HPR9401 Air Filter

Mr4x403

Reaction score
I put the afe magnum force stage 2 kit on my 19 ram hemi and like you said the roar is nice at full throttle, but not much HP gain I assume.

I also like being able to clean the filter instead of paper ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread