5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket third brake light?

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Hey has anyone purchased and had long term good reliability with a cargo third brake light? I'm on the fence about these due to the leaking problems with the oem one. The reason I want a new one is because the oem one is ugly and not led. I've tried switching the bulbs to led which just caused issues. Let me know your thoughts and suggestions below

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used good quality LED bulbs from Lasfit and did not have any issues. They will not work on the 2021 model however.

As for the appearance, I installed the Third Brake Light Tint Kit - Overlays Mid / Gloss from Luxe Automotive.

RAM_Patriot-Back (1).jpg

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
I used good quality LED bulbs from Lasfit and did not have any issues. They will not work on the 2021 model however.

As for the appearance, I installed the Third Brake Light Tint Kit - Overlays Mid / Gloss from Luxe Automotive.

View attachment 81348
So the bulbs work with no issue to the push button start and proxy key?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with the Lasfit bulbs. I swapped every bulb on the truck with Lasfit LED.
I'm looking into getting a 3rd brakelight made by EvilMFG that uses two baja designs led pods.

MistaBain

Reaction score
I agree with the Lasfit bulbs. I swapped every bulb on the truck with Lasfit LED.
I'm looking into getting a 3rd brakelight made by EvilMFG that uses two baja designs led pods.

Did you get these installed yet? Are the plug n play or got to some splicing?

Users who are viewing this thread