5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After update - Sirius is sloooooooow

mrowe8

Reaction score
After the most recent update 2 weeks ago, my Sirius XM is virtually unuasable. It takes almost 10 full seconds after pressing any button to switch stations and respond. Anyone else? What can I do to fix it and go back? It was instantaneous before the update.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After the most recent update 2 weeks ago, my Sirius XM is virtually unuasable. It takes almost 10 full seconds after pressing any button to switch stations and respond. Anyone else? What can I do to fix it and go back? It was instantaneous before the update.

I dont seem to have that issue, or at least haven't noticed it

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
No issues here. I did have an issue for a few days where the SXM artwork for the different channels were gone, but they've been fine for the last two or three days.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they did an update, does the Harmon Kardon radio sound any louder or was it a different kind of update?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I honestly don't know. I have the Alpine unit. Seems louder but could be all in my head... :)

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If they did an update, does the Harmon Kardon radio sound any louder or was it a different kind of update?
Sirius input seems louder, but they could really use to boost all of them again. I can go full volume in the truck...never could with my alpine in the Durango. I'm sure the power is there

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sirius input seems louder, but they could really use to boost all of them again. I can go full volume in the truck...never could with my alpine in the Durango. I'm sure the power is there
I am hoping that they do this as well. My Alpine in my 2015 is much louder. I don't need it all the time, but it is nice to be able to grab the power when you want it

ramazing916

Reaction score
after the update, my keyboard was slooooow. took 6 seconds to register a key press. all other parts of the screen were fast - just the damn keyboard. after calling uconnect, they suggest i turn off the truck, and open the driver door for 30s then restart. i did that, and BAM the keyboard went back to being fast again.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
after the update, my keyboard was slooooow. took 6 seconds to register a key press. all other parts of the screen were fast - just the damn keyboard. after calling uconnect, they suggest i turn off the truck, and open the driver door for 30s then restart. i did that, and BAM the keyboard went back to being fast again.
I am surprised they did not tell you to run around the truck 3 times clockwise and twice the other way, then do a hand stand and 3 pushups. Then get on your knees and pray to the mighty Ram and you will get your radio to work.

mrowe8

Reaction score
My whole UConnect is significantly worse after the update. It has way more freezes where nothing works or it gets locked on a screen. Have to shut everything off and let the truck sit for about an hour to fix. Sirius is unusable it is so slow. I can set the volume to full on any input and listen without issue (in other words it does not get loud enough sometimes). Overall the whole UConnect system seems broken since the update and it was flawless prior too. : (

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My whole UConnect is significantly worse after the update. It has way more freezes where nothing works or it gets locked on a screen. Have to shut everything off and let the truck sit for about an hour to fix. Sirius is unusable it is so slow. I can set the volume to full on any input and listen without issue (in other words it does not get loud enough sometimes). Overall the whole UConnect system seems broken since the update and it was flawless prior too. : (

"Loud enough" is an issue I think there are a majority of us would agree with but is subjective. The rest of the issues you list I'm not seeing on my 12" system which has been updated.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Mine has been trouble free since the update, other than the occasional SXM saved station icons every now and then go away (and come back the next day). Best of all, I no longer get the black screen of death that would freeze until the truck was turned off for at least 30-45 min.

drsmitty74

Reaction score
No issues here. I did have an issue for a few days where the SXM artwork for the different channels were gone, but they've been fine for the last two or three days.
I had the same issue. I saved my favorite SXM channels. Only a few had the artwork avatar for the channel transfer to the preset button. After a couple days, it seems to have corrected itself and now all artwork is present on the preset buttons. Maybe an update corrected it.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I had the same issue. I saved my favorite SXM channels. Only a few had the artwork avatar for the channel transfer to the preset button. After a couple days, it seems to have corrected itself and now all artwork is present on the preset buttons. Maybe an update corrected it.
My wife's Outback is doing the same, she was mad as hell right after the update but it seems to be better now.

warvet

Reaction score
how do you guys even know an update occured? I'm sure mine has updated since owning it in July ----but I sure can't tell. Is it when some of my favorite apps have been removed from the dock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/