5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After many, many years in a Silverado...

R

Rob5589

... I now own a '19 Ram Laramie. Great looking truck and the features for price was just too good to pass up. Plus the new Silverado looks like :poop:
It will be my hunting/camping rig and not much planned for it. Gonna keep it stock and it should do what I need it to.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great to have you in a RAM. I agree the newer GM body styling, if you can call it that, doesn't look very good. Their 5.3 is a good motor but too many other issues.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Welcome and I’m pretty sure most of us were going to stay stock until we joined this forum lol.

R

Rob5589

Welcome and I’m pretty sure most of us were going to stay stock until we joined this forum lol.
Ha! I hear ya. I just sold a Wrangler TJ so I know all about that. Of course I said the same about the Jeep, which I sold locked, geared, lifted, etc, etc. It's a disease :LOL:

PorBoy

Reaction score
Well I wish you well towards your staying stock quest, post some photos when you feel like it. :)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I, too, (still have) an '04 Silverado 2500HD .. (replacing the rusted out brake lines so I can sell it - after I test the new truck out.) I ordered a fully-loaded 1500 with 4-corner air .. I want to see how well it does while loading heavy items for my home projects. As long as the air suspension doesn't blow out .. :)

Welcome to the site!

Preston

Reaction score
i traded a 2015 silverado. I owned it for 2 years. it was my first GM vehicle i have ever owned. I got it with 37k traded it in with 55k. During that time i changed 3 power door lock actuators. 2 lifters, back passenger door panel had to get cut off to replace a clip that would allow us to open the door from the inside and the outside. Due to the door issue you couldnt open it at all and the door panel has to be off to take door panel off. Last thing was factory glass back window was leaking. Window has never been changed and is the orginal one. Got a text from the new car manager at the dealership he took my old truck home as a demo. During which it blew a valve and started smoking bad and broke down on the side of the road. Luckly it was covered under powertrain warrantly for them. My wife also has a 15 equinox we bought after my truck and it been nothing but problems as well. I plan to never own another GM vehicle again. My ram has been awesome!

R

Rob5589

i traded a 2015 silverado. I owned it for 2 years. it was my first GM vehicle i have ever owned. I got it with 37k traded it in with 55k. During that time i changed 3 power door lock actuators. 2 lifters, back passenger door panel had to get cut off to replace a clip that would allow us to open the door from the inside and the outside. Due to the door issue you couldnt open it at all and the door panel has to be off to take door panel off. Last thing was factory glass back window was leaking. Window has never been changed and is the orginal one. Got a text from the new car manager at the dealership he took my old truck home as a demo. During which it blew a valve and started smoking bad and broke down on the side of the road. Luckly it was covered under powertrain warrantly for them. My wife also has a 15 equinox we bought after my truck and it been nothing but problems as well. I plan to never own another GM vehicle again. My ram has been awesome!
Wow, that sucks. Mine has 182k and the biggest repair was a front wheel unit bearing at around 75k. They fail so infrequently I had a hell of a time actually finding a dealer that had one. Other than that, it has been 100% reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread