5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afe Headers.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy crap, the gains they post are crazy, the dyno chart (if I'm reading it correctly) is even more impressive

48-32023_dc_1.1545062602.jpg

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly, it depends on where the bottleneck is. Looking at where the power and torque are generated and the fact that the AFR is consistent with the stock truck (not sure what the big drop is at the end though), I'd bet they run em without the tune. I don't think anyone's cracked the 2019's anyway, have they?

Capt Joe

Reaction score
On my Challenger that would be considered a stage 2 upgrade. Stage one being a new exhaust, better flowing oil filter and a PCM upgrade . Stage 2 is headers and another PCM upgrade and stage 3 is cams and such. But I don't think anything like that is available for the Rams with the same engine.

Capt Joe

Reaction score
I highly doubt those "in house" numbers... Combined the headers and the pipe touts 66 hp and 107 ft lbs gain..... Nope. I've been around this engine with my Challenger for years.... You don't get those numbers with exhaust mods. Not to mention it won't pass an emmisions test or an inspection

It's a nice product... I'm just not a fan of companies marketing hp with simple bolt ons... In order to make real hp with the 5.7 you would have to do all that, then cams and hardened lifters, and such, then add a supercharger .... Then maybe you could get to 600hp... But then a full brake upgrade is necessary... Cause you'll never stop it.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I highly doubt those "in house" numbers... Combined the headers and the pipe touts 66 hp and 107 ft lbs gain..... Nope. I've been around this engine with my Challenger for years.... You don't get those numbers with exhaust mods. Not to mention it won't pass an emmisions test or an inspection

It's a nice product... I'm just not a fan of companies marketing hp with simple bolt ons... In order to make real hp with the 5.7 you would have to do all that, then cams and hardened lifters, and such, then add a supercharger .... Then maybe you could get to 600hp... But then a full brake upgrade is necessary... Cause you'll never stop it.

Dang....why you crushing our dreams

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is something I’ve strongly been thinking of doing this. The dyno is impressive for sure. If there is a restriction on these engines would be the manifolds next y pipe. Then your getting rid of the bolts breaking in heads issue.
I don’t see the manifolds being a warranty issue. As they bolt up to factory catted y pipe.

Rob3989

Reaction score
I kind of just assume if they are saying it gains 60hp it’s really gaining maybe 20. Just the way it is with simple bolt ons. Now if it was a supercharger claiming 150hp gain I would believe that.

Either way my dealership who my buddy works at said if they install this with a pre loaded tune it won’t void my warranty. Im still waiting to see if any LT headers come out but headers and intake are a must.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I kind of just assume if they are saying it gains 60hp it’s really gaining maybe 20. Just the way it is with simple bolt ons. Now if it was a supercharger claiming 150hp gain I would believe that.

Either way my dealership who my buddy works at said if they install this with a pre loaded tune it won’t void my warranty. Im still waiting to see if any LT headers come out but headers and intake are a must.

I've been putting calls in weekly to American racing headers. I'm also waiting for a set of long tubes

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll take the dyno for what it is. Sure I’d like more out of engine. Im after efficiency and in this case I don’t want to deal with broke bolts in head. I’ve had enough fun dealing them on others don’t want to do on mine. Regardless of the numbers I’m looking at graph. Those gains are at a everyday drive rpms.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LTs would be great!! Then you will def need a tune to clean up A/Fs. And will kill warranty.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
LTs would be great!! Then you will def need a tune to clean up A/Fs. And will kill warranty.

WARRANTY????

Seriously... talk to local guys about your local dealership. There is a service advisor at every dealership that will look the other way, you may have to tip them but they can make it happen. Ive had LTs and tuning on my all my gas vehicles and my diesels have all been deleted. And yes, patiently waiting on ARH LTs to be made and Diablo to take care of the tuning.

Capt Joe

Reaction score
All I'm saying is that making real power gains on this 5.7 is a rabbit hole. I like those headers. I don't think I would use that exhaust. I'd just have a 3" made at my speed shop so I can pick and choose my muffler... Probably a Borla or a flowmaster...

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way those "headers" give that much of a gain. Short tube headers are a waste of money and won't provide much of anything over stock.

Users who are viewing this thread