5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AEV Ram Recruit

Rustydodge

Reaction score
So does an HD cross hair grille bolt on right in place of the DS rebel grill?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I Don't believe it is a Rebel.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/recruit

I think the person who wrote the article called it that. Which is why after reading the article I changed the name of the thread.

And as far as I know the grille is different, and doesn't just mount up.

Can't wait for the update. They make cool stuff and you can send them your truck or do it yourself...so hopefully someone here will get one done so we can see it...

Rustydodge

Reaction score
devildodge said:
I Don't believe it is a Rebel.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/recruit

I think the person who wrote the article called it that. Which is why after reading the article I changed the name of the thread.

And as far as I know the grille is different, and doesn't just mount up.

Can't wait for the update. They make cool stuff and you can send them your truck or do it yourself...so hopefully someone here will get one done so we can see it...
The truck is on a 1/2 ton chassis since it has the 5.7' short box so i think they did start with a Rebel.

Cant be based solely on a the DS Rebel though since they discuss non-air as an option.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
this is just a vehicle that uses the Ram as a base. It doesn't have to be a Rebel. It is all their own stuff...the front end is a HD conversion...so you would be wasting money to start with a rebel

(see attachment)
Well it didn't include the write up.

But if you read each picture...buying anything other than a tradesman to start with would be wasting money...unless you were only using parts of the conversion.

Attachments

• recruit-hood.jpg
    recruit-hood.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 51
D

Deleted member103

Hey DEVILDODGE and RUSTYDODGE . . . AEV does recommend starting at the low end but can do just about anything "in their Wheelhouse" sans the RAM Air Suspension ! I was at the Flagstaff Overland Expo in 2014 and chatted with them along with many other Venders ! It's OUR money, so to speak, so if you want to Build Out a Laramie or higher go for it ! It sure can get Very Expensive though - way out of my league !

Oh, as a side note to Rusty . . . saw your response on TFL Trucks this morning ! The Video was a "rehash" from weeks ago, but the article apparently was from Monterey, California !? the video from texas ! Confused me too at first till I remembered seeing the video weeks ago on TFL . Why they didn't have a video from Monterey driving an eTorque Engine ? ? ? They'll have one or more as soon as the "Boss"/ RAM allows them to ! After all, they are "beholden" !
263a.png

Rustydodge

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:

Oh, as a side note to Rusty . . . saw your response on TFL Trucks this morning ! The Video was a "rehash" from weeks ago, but the article apparently was from Monterey, California !? the video from texas ! Confused me too at first till I remembered seeing the video weeks ago on TFL . Why they didn't have a video from Monterey driving an eTorque Engine ? ? ? They'll have one or more as soon as the "Boss"/ RAM allows them to ! After all, they are "beholden" !
263a.png
Are you saying they drove an etorque in Monterey, CA at a press event? Then that is interesting, as i was unaware that anyone has sampled that. It was the first hint in any publication that media has driven one.

I'm interested in hearing how those drive. Read the modified F250 with electric assist on pickuptrucks and it got me excited to see how the 5.7 etorque system will behave, even though i'm 80% sure i'd still choose a non etorque 5.7.

As far as AEV, I was thinking this was a kit they put on a factory rebel, which is why i was wondering how easy it is to swap an HD front grille onto a 1/2 ton rebel just out of curiosity. Must have taken fenders and hood as well.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the article was very misleading. Just like I saw other comments over the years about the prospector having to start with a powerwagon and people saying when did Ram put the cummins in the powerwagon. They start with whatever truck you send them and then build the prospector and once again the only reason to start with anything other than a tradesman woukd be for interior only.

The article was very misleading. I assumed it was a Rebel also til I read it. The author decided it was a Rebel.

D

Deleted member103

Rustydodge said:
Are you saying they drove an etorque in Monterey, CA at a press event? Then that is interesting, as i was unaware that anyone has sampled that. It was the first hint in any publication that media has driven one.

I'm interested in hearing how those drive. Read the modified F250 with electric assist on pickuptrucks and it got me excited to see how the 5.7 etorque system will behave, even though i'm 80% sure i'd still choose a non etorque 5.7.

As far as AEV, I was thinking this was a kit they put on a factory rebel, which is why i was wondering how easy it is to swap an HD front grille onto a 1/2 ton rebel just out of curiosity. Must have taken fenders and hood as well.
RUSTY . . . I lay no claim to fame on this ! As I said my reference point goes back to 2014, BUT I have also visited AEV's website many times since - as you should do, to clarify for you ! I am not sure if they will sell you a kit to install at home ! ? Jeep has had a fairly decent run with the AEV folks and now RAM as well for a few years too ! I've seen a few AEV Wranglers in my area and many when down at the show in Flagstaff ! They do Great things and have I think 3 levels / price points to choose from but they are also able to "customize" them to a certain extent ! If you have the time & the Money . . . just about anything is possible ! You know this better than I, for sure !
263a.png

1f44d.png

jcollazo

Reaction score
hope there have stuff for the new gen rams. I think they have the best looking and functional rams in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread