5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AEV package for 5th Gen?

Pundy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows if AEV (American Expedition Vehicles) has made any announcements on whether or not they will be doing any upfitting for the 5th Gen 1500?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I started this thread back in May, they had said they weren't planning on it at that time. Not sure if they may be planning to now though. I know they had said they used the Express model alot and with The 5th Gen not having that at launch...they were not interested.

Hopefully they continue.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I started this thread back in May, they had said they weren't planning on it at that time. Not sure if they may be planning to now though. I know they had said they used the Express model alot and with The 5th Gen not having that at launch...they were not interested.

Hopefully they continue.

Seems like AEV is putting all of their "pickup truck energy" into the new Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison.

Pundy

Reaction score
I agree go-ram, kind of a bummer since the new truck is so sweet.

bvigne01

Reaction score
No reason with the classic models. Cheaper to just keep making that model. With the new TRX coming they might not want to com peat with it

fireron

Reaction score
I have read where some folks have questioned AEV's close relationship with FCA. AEV had to wait (unlike in the past) to get the new Wrangler JL to develop their products and accesories. Some of the old Jeep engineers have left AEV I hear, plus the interest with working on products for GM may indicate less of a future with FCA on the part of AEV. I hope I am wrong......

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If Mopar would ever get their product out making a off road readier Ram would be easy to do yourself.

AEV appreciated the Powerwagon and HD trucks. MINATOUR appreciated the 1500 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/