5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Safety Group for Rebel

Blee2221

Reaction score
I saw someone mentioned that the advanced safety group and the surround camera is coming to the rebel soon. Does anyone know when the may be happening? Looking to order a rebel 12 soon and would like to include the surround camera.

Blee2221

Reaction score
Rebel sub-forum will blow up if/when it happens.
Canada build & price shows Safety Group & ventilated seats available w/Rebel12

Interesting that Canada already has the approval but nothing for the U.S. Deciding if I should wait or not.

RichT

Reaction score
on a scale of "0" to "HAHAHA", what are the chances this would be available as an after purchase upgrade?

TalibanHater

Reaction score
A rebel 12 with ventilated seats AND advanced safety package? I'm in Phoenix (read: surface of the sun) and this would get me excited enough to start crunching numbers.

Blee2221

Reaction score
A rebel 12 with ventilated seats AND advanced safety package? I'm in Phoenix (read: surface of the sun) and this would get me excited enough to start crunching numbers.

I went onto the canadian ram trucks webpage and built a rebel 12. It has ventilated seats included in the package. As well as the advanced safety group as a option but it doesn’t mention the surround view camera.

E66CC95C-2331-4B64-AFB8-4959590CEC34.png 335CA6C4-3CD8-4CCF-B653-A6C6BE6DFC41.png

halla

Reaction score
oh, maybe the wait will be worth it then. interesting. Now who can make this happen so I can get my truck ordered?

halla

Reaction score
Nothing against Canada, but why does FCA do certain things for Canada and not the US? special Sport edition, new Rebel 12 edition. I would think with a lot less people living in Canada, they would introduce here and then Canada, or maybe at the same time?

TalibanHater

Reaction score
Maybe they use Canada as a pilot/beta and limited rollout market to test things.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
I saw someone mentioned that the advanced safety group and the surround camera is coming to the rebel soon. Does anyone know when the may be happening? Looking to order a rebel 12 soon and would like to include the surround camera.
There seems to be a large and growing demand from many would-be Rebel and Big Horn buyers that want the Advanced Safety Group (ASG) features in their truck. I’m one of them. It almost seems ‘unpatriotic’ for Ram not to allow the owners/buyers of Rebels and Big Horns to drive as safely as the ‘big spenders’ who are buying Laramies, Longhorns, and Limiteds. One good sign is that Ram is making the ASG available in ALL the new 2500/3500’s. Let’s hope Ram wakes-up to the needs of their light duty truck customers and offers it further down that line (to Rebels and Big Horns). When I checked with my insurance agent on what the premiums would be for a new Rebel, ironically the 1st question he asked me was whether or not either truck would have lane keeping and collision mitigation/braking... since discounts were available for vehicles so equipped. My final purchase decision is just to wait until the 2020 1500’s become available... and if the Rebel can’t be had with the ASG by then, I’ll just move on to a competitors vehicle. I’ll never buy another vehicle without the Advance safety features. Quite simply, it is the best new technology for motor vehicle safety since air bags.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
I went onto the canadian ram trucks webpage and built a rebel 12. It has ventilated seats included in the package. As well as the advanced safety group as a option but it doesn’t mention the surround view camera.

View attachment 12543 View attachment 12544
The Canadian Ram 1500 ‘build’ site is totally false - so I’ve learned from talking with several Canada dealers. Canucks could never get the Advance Safety Group on a Rebel. And now, you can no longer order the Rebel 12 package either (per FCA Ram NA). I guess all us potential Rebel 12 buyers are SOL, and especially for the desired safety technology. We have little choice but to wait for Ram to improve the Rebel’s options and packages configurations.
The

Blee2221

Reaction score
That’s a bummer. Guess I’ll have to search hard for a truck already on the ground.

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
Just to update anyone looking at this thread...The Rebel 12 package can be ordered again. Not sure why it was suspended for a bit but it is open to order again. As far as the Advanced Safety Group Package and Vented Seats, those still seem to be missing :(... I would have loved to order my rebel with both of those features....

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Yup. Me too. If Rebel 12’s could be ordered with the Advanced Safety Group, I’d order one today. So in the mean time, I’ll wait on the sidelines, and hope it is announced soon, and becomes available in the 2020’s. If not, I’ll just get me a Ford Raptor. I can’t see paying what would be Raptor-level money for a Laramie with off-road package and lift kit, and new wheels and tires, just to be able to have a semi-capable off-road Ram with adaptive cruise. Nope. Not gonna do it. I like to do a little off-roading, but like most pick-up owners, I also gotta drive it on the highway to work and on family vaca’s... and once you have a vehicle with adaptive cruise - trust me, you’ll never want to live without it. ...like A/C and heated seats were when they first started showing-up.

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I cannot say on the adaptive cruise control having never owned a vehicle with it. But I totally agree that there are many potential customer benefits and probably increased sales potential for RAM. At this point I gave up on waiting for FCA/RAM and was happy that the Rebel 12 was available. Yes its missing some nice to have features which is why I was somewhat torn between the Rebel and the Laramie. In the end I liked the look and feel of the Rebel a little better. Everything in life is a trade off of some sort it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread