5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Additional storage compartment next to USB ports under radio?

nimbus

Reaction score
What determines whether or not you get the storage next to USB ports 1 and 2 under the radio, like this?

storage.PNG

I had a 2020 Big Horn that looked like the picture above, but my 2022 Laramie looks like this:

nostorage.PNG

I'd love to have that little storage area. Is it possible to switch mine out for the other?

dacm99

Reaction score
That is strange, the “storage” cubby is where my CD player is. Perhaps a revised part was Available later in production after Ram stopped putting CD players in trucks. I have a 2019 Rebel.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That was for the optional CD player. Maybe that option was removed for 2022. You should be able to swap it out.

nimbus

Reaction score
That top picture is actually from a 2022 Big Horn. Seems like a no-brainer to have it there if there's no CD player.

HemiDude

Reaction score
My 22 Laramie GT has the cubby, but my 20 Big Horn did not. Now I am wondering what the rhyme or reason is...:unsure:

vincentw56

Reaction score
My 22 Laramie GT has the cubby, but my 20 Big Horn did not. Now I am wondering what the rhyme or reason is...:unsure:
My 2020 Big Horn does. Weird. Could be options? Mine is fully optioned.

nimbus

Reaction score
My Big Horn was a Level 2 but my Laramie is a Level I, which is apparently different from Level 1 (my rear seat doesn’t recline or fold, which appears to be the only difference between I and 1).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a '21 Rebel and do not have the cubby. My options are Rebel level 2 options and the Uconnect 12"

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My '21 Limited has the cubby. My previous '20 Laramie did not have it. 🤷‍♂️

Renatboost

Reaction score
Maybe something with the wireless charging too?
I don’t have wireless charging and don’t have the cutout for the CD. Looking to add wireless charging as was told I may have to change my back bezel.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Maybe something with the wireless charging too?
I don’t have wireless charging and don’t have the cutout for the CD. Looking to add wireless charging as was told I may have to change my back bezel.
Mine didn't come with wireless charging and had the cubby. I did add wireless charging.

jives

Reaction score
2022 Rebel GT, level 2, 12", wireless charging and DOES have the cubby

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
My 21 BTS with the 12" screen looks like the first picture with the cubby. That's actually where I stick my cellphone

Terrible_One

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited has a CD player there, no cubby. So it appears to be that they removed the option for a CD player and made the void into a cubby instead of blanking it out.

Users who are viewing this thread