5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Heated mirrors

Ram909

Reaction score
I have stock towing mirrors on a 2019 ram 1500 Big Horn edition
I do not have heated mirrors can the mirror glass be changed out or what must be done to add heated mirrors to the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
following.... all my other dodge / ram trucks have had heated mirrors. This is the only one without them! Everyday I drive up and down the mountain, with the temp changes the mirrors almost always fog up at some point.

jermball623

Reaction score
Read something about guys buying mirrors and switching out the harnesses along with the heater. Found it on here but can't remember where. I've got a tradesman and would like my tow mirrors heated too but would have to put a button somewhere because it doesn't have the rear defrost/mirror defrost button.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
You cant just swap the glass, you have to replace the mirrors (and some other bits) , then its wired into the existing functionality as it should be. Heres the big thread from the ‘Exterior’ section. Still active.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just swapped the glass, ran my own wire thru the door boot up to the mirror glass, and connected it to the defroster feed.

see my original thread.

Todd128

Reaction score
Could you provide any pictures or a DIY? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamNinja

Reaction score
I just swapped the glass, ran my own wire thru the door boot up to the mirror glass, and connected it to the defroster feed.

see my original thread.
Where did you source your heated mirror glass from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/