5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding back seat usb and or 110

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Anyone added this aftermarket?

Attachments

• 2018-10-23 12_45_56-2019 Ram 1500 Tailgate & Bed, Center Console, Rear Seats, and USB ports w_...png
    2018-10-23 12_45_56-2019 Ram 1500 Tailgate & Bed, Center Console, Rear Seats, and USB ports w_...png
    230.9 KB · Views: 1,156

ktulu

Reaction score
I am interested in doing the same, have 2 teenage daughters, kind of a big deal that I didn't think about when I bought my truck

ktulu

Reaction score
Nice, and seems like a solid solution. Post pics when done, interested in seeing how that turns out and works for you.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Interesting. Are you planning on tapping into something in the console? or are you going all the way to the fuse box? Would be interested to see some during pictures also.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just food for thought for you guys looking for the rear seat USB option. If you are looking to maintain factory use and appearance, The one USB port does interface with the radio, ie, a rear user can run CarPlay or AA through the system while the other port is just power. Anything aftermarket would be just power.

My son and friends on long trips often ask for “control” because they do not have style and do not like country. ;). So if you want that feature, a factory add-on would be required.

iupui1299

Reaction score
This is an option that my truck is missing as well. It’s strange because most trucks with the level two Big Horn Package came with it. I have the level two and I’m missing it. On my sticker it says Level 2 Big Horn Package and the trucks that did have it the sticker says Level 2 Big Horn Package With Media Hub. But online there is no option for two different kinds of level 2 Big Horn packages. Strange.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is an option that my truck is missing as well. It’s strange because most trucks with the level two Big Horn Package came with it. I have the level two and I’m missing it. On my sticker it says Level 2 Big Horn Package and the trucks that did have it the sticker says Level 2 Big Horn Package With Media Hub. But online there is no option for two different kinds of level 2 Big Horn packages. Strange.

It just depends when your truck was built. Media hub was added at one point and then the 110vac was added a little bit later. Price went up accordingly so older builds didn’t pay for something they didn’t get.

iupui1299

Reaction score
It just depends when your truck was built. Media hub was added at one point and then the 110vac was added a little bit later. Price went up accordingly so older builds didn’t pay for something they didn’t get.

That’s what I figured. I must have an earlier build.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Interesting. Are you planning on tapping into something in the console? or are you going all the way to the fuse box? Would be interested to see some during pictures also.

I've tapped into the power outlet line at the radio bezel for the hardwired radar detector so this one I'm gonna run a line with a ring terminal to the fuse block under the hood and fuse it. Depending on the specific application I do use the add a fuse. With Mopar giving us those available studs on the end of the fuse block and not adding a bunch of positive lines to the positive battery teminal, you can easily use this option and keep the engine compartment area clean and still have it appear like nothing is added on. Make sure you use wire loom to emulate that OEM appearance. 20181111_220232.jpg

Last edited:

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I bet the OEM requires an inverter and a new switch on the dash too... Anyone have any part numbers?

jamesfg

Reaction score
On the list, had a visit to the ER which put me don for a couple of days coupled with work and yeah it got backburnered for now but soon.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I ordered a 12v that has a cigarette adapter and 2 USB ports. Just going to tap into the fuse panel under the dash and run a wire back. I have zero desire to have the back ports media capable, I juts want charging options for back seat passengers. I have a stand alone inverter I can use if the need for 120v ever comes up.

Now I just need to find my motivation to put it in.

prairiedoggn

Reaction score
Hi all, does this project still have legs? I’d like to add factory USB ports to the rear of my 2019 Rebel center console. If anyone has the part number I’m happy to take a crack and document how much of a headache it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread