5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adding a 4 channel amp to 8.4 basic speaker package non Alpine

JP305R

Reaction score
hey guys i installed a kicker key in my ram 2020 1500 with the KISLOAD2. i installed it in bi-amp mode. i got it to work but everytime i turn off the truck and get back in i need to remove the fuse that powers the radio and re-insert it for the speakers i amped to work again. anyone with knowledge please assist im a rookie!

BrickWurX

Reaction score
I am new here also. Filling out your sig line with your truck info will help a bit with future questions.

Hemi or V6? Classic (DS) or new body design (DT).
If you have the DT V8, non alpine, non HK, standard 6 speaker system, I may be able to help. The others not so much.

If you do have the Hemi standard six speaker system, you can find all of your speaker wires running into and out of the ANC module under the driver seat. If you indeed have the 6 speaker standard system, you do not have an amplified system, and you should not need the kicker module. Crutchfield carries a bypass cable for the ANC which can be tapped or cut for signal from the radio, and also to the speakers. (iDatalink bCH3).

I spent a good deal of time trying to keep the ANC in play after adding a sub amp and a 4 channel high amp. Some have managed to make it work, I could not. When left operational, the ANC fought the amplified sound. The good news, by removing it, you now have a spot for an amp or two.

JP305R

Reaction score
I am new here also. Filling out your sig line with your truck info will help a bit with future questions.

Hemi or V6? Classic (DS) or new body design (DT).
If you have the DT V8, non alpine, non HK, standard 6 speaker system, I may be able to help. The others not so much.

If you do have the Hemi standard six speaker system, you can find all of your speaker wires running into and out of the ANC module under the driver seat. If you indeed have the 6 speaker standard system, you do not have an amplified system, and you should not need the kicker module. Crutchfield carries a bypass cable for the ANC which can be tapped or cut for signal from the radio, and also to the speakers. (iDatalink bCH3).

I spent a good deal of time trying to keep the ANC in play after adding a sub amp and a 4 channel high amp. Some have managed to make it work, I could not. When left operational, the ANC fought the amplified sound. The good news, by removing it, you now have a spot for an amp or two.
Hey dude thank you so much for the response. it’s the DT 5th gen V6 with 8.4 unconnected doesn’t have a ANC non alpine basic 6 speaker system. I also I connected the kisload and amp about 6inches after the quick connect that goes right into the factory radio since my system doesn’t have an ANC I thought this was the only point I can get all the wires.

Last edited:

BrickWurX

Reaction score
From my understanding the older DS and Classic design trucks need some sort of in line resistance similar to what kicker offers, perhaps not the DT models? Not completely sure, hopefully someone with V6 experience will chime in. I found in needed something to clean up the signal and not a load interface on mine. From what I gather we have the same system, mine just also has the ANC. But one never really knows with all the tech in new trucks these days. I also though the dash unit was just a screen, and there was a module located beneath it in the 8.4's which was the radio control (also may be very wrong here as well for V6 vs V8 variants.

I ran hi level inputs directly into a AudioControl LC2i pro (rear speakers only, front head unit drives the 3.5's). The pro has an adjustable ohm setting if needed for line impedance. also an adjustable ground pathway which could help with feedback engine noise. This particular model was only a two channel input model. But it worked for me better than other things I've tried. I ran the standard side output to the hi amp and split it to four signals (adjusting gain at the amp), and the low output to the sub amp. This model AC also comes with a bass knob I found slightly more sensitive that what Rockford fosgate uses on their newer amps, so i used it instead.

If someone doesn't come along shortly to help, take a look at the 90 plus page thread on upgrading the radio and see if any V6 owners have left comments. May be worth sending them an IM directly.

Users who are viewing this thread