5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addictive Desert Deisgns Rebel bumpers coming soon

jamesfg

Reaction score
I've always liked the ADD product line and me and the wifey decided this truck was going to get a set of their bad **** bumpers. When ADD needed a guinea pig to do r&d for the new Rams, specifically the Rebel and them being based here in Phoenix, I jumped on the opportunity.

Today I got a message from the owner of ADD and they are close (2 weeks out) to releasing the Rebel bumpers. I'll be getting the first set when they roll off the production line so when they do get released, I'd like some feedback good, bad or indifferent. If there is a interest in their product line (not just the bumpers), I can inquire about a forum discount. They have already released the stealth fighter bumpers and to me, they are the best looking ones out on the market. I'm guessing that the rear bumper will have minimal if no changes for the Rebel ones.

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/2019-dodge-ram-1500

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
At least I know now there was no "Raptor tax" when it came to bumpers for those trucks.
Minimum of 2k for a bumper with no lights.

Here I was thinking the Venom was expensive at 1.5k.

flram1500

Reaction score
I've always liked the ADD product line and me and the wifey decided this truck was going to get a set of their bad **** bumpers. When ADD needed a guinea pig to do r&d for the new Rams, specifically the Rebel and them being based here in Phoenix, I jumped on the opportunity.

Today I got a message from the owner of ADD and they are close (2 weeks out) to releasing the Rebel bumpers. I'll be getting the first set when they roll off the production line so when they do get released, I'd like some feedback good, bad or indifferent. If there is a interest in their product line (not just the bumpers), I can inquire about a forum discount. They have already released the stealth fighter bumpers and to me, they are the best looking ones out on the market. I'm guessing that the rear bumper will have minimal if no changes for the Rebel ones.

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/2019-dodge-ram-1500
WOW way too pricy! Will wait until another company wades in with one. They are trying to cash in on the being first thing.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I won't put cheap **** bumpers on a $50,000 plus truck but that's me. Ya gotta pay to play.

Paulny

Reaction score
I just priced out a stealth bumper with winch and lights for a shade under $5k. Like you said, you gotta pay to play. I REALLY like the bumpers and am quite sure I am going to pull the trigger on these puppies. Thanks for the heads up!

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I just priced out a stealth bumper with winch and lights for a shade under $5k. Like you said, you gotta pay to play. I REALLY like the bumpers and am quite sure I am going to pull the trigger on these puppies. Thanks for the heads up!
Do it!!!!!

Tommy R

Reaction score
I like the improvement to the approach angle. However, the style is just "okay" IMO. For that kind of coin I think I'll just stick with the OEM stuff. Ah well, will wait and see what else may become available...

Jackham

Reaction score
Seems like they should offer some improvement, like step up slots on the rear. ie some functionality improvements, not just looks.

RichT

Reaction score
Anybody know the net weight gain if both bumpers are replaced with the ADDs? Or an approximate weight of the parts removed?

edgarrian

Reaction score
Just a replacement bumper with no added protection such as hitting a deer for just under 5k seems awfully high. There isn't much to chose from yet but that will change. RichT you should contact ADD as they should know the answer to the question.

RichT

Reaction score
Yes, shot them off a note last night also. They got back to me with great news...

2-8-2019 6-35-28 AM.png

That is much less then I expected. Means we can replace bumpers and add a 12s for only a ~100# hit to the payload.

Users who are viewing this thread