5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added some reverse lights today

Abesosa

Reaction score
Would you mind DMing links to this set up?

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5thgenalamode

Reaction score
Would you mind DMing links to this set up?

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you drop us a parts list with links?
Parts list

MICTUNING Flush Mount Led Pods, 2Pcs 20W Flood Cree Led MICTUNING Flush Mount Led Pods,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WNM3K9?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

7 pin t harness, I used this one CURT 56584 Replacement... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

5way trailer side wire harness, I just used this and cut it for my needs CURT 58550 Vehicle-Side and... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EOV2X0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Waterproof heat shrink tubing

Solder if soldering the wires or butt connectors

Wire harness tape

Zip ties

Ring terminal for ground wire.

External tooth lock washer for ground.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I appreciate the writeup. I'm considering adding some discrete auxiliary reverse lights myself. I already ordered a wireless relay (Thank you @dannymcd for your writeup) and dummied it up with some scraps I had laying around and confirmed that it can be programmed into a Homelink button on the visor. It worked!

The auxiliary lights will come on anytime the reverse lights come on. Or I can trigger them with the Homelink to use as work lights or to encourage tailgaters to back off. 😊 The little keyfob that comes with the relay will also still work them. It might be handy when camping to be able to trigger some bright lights without having to get in the cab.

Here's the wiring. Colors only reflect what I had lying around in the junk drawer.

bucontrol.jpg .

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate the writeup. I'm considering adding some discrete auxiliary reverse lights myself. I already ordered a wireless relay (Thank you @dannymcd for your writeup) and dummied it up with some scraps I had laying around and confirmed that it can be programmed into a Homelink button on the visor. It worked!

The auxiliary lights will come on anytime the reverse lights come on. Or I can trigger them with the Homelink to use as work lights or to encourage tailgaters to back off. 😊 The little keyfob that comes with the relay will also still work them. It might be handy when camping to be able to trigger some bright lights without having to get in the cab.

Here's the wiring. Colors only reflect what I had lying around in the junk drawer.

View attachment 123749 .
That just calls for a disaster. You striped the insulation way too far back, a little twist of the wires and you have a short.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
That just calls for a disaster. You striped the insulation way too far back, a little twist of the wires and you have a short.
I believe I mentioned that I just dummied it up. Perhaps you should go back and reread what I wrote and not just look at the pictures.

I needed it powered to verify that the homelink programmer will work with the relay.

GP-TEK

Reaction score

View attachment 123749 .
Thanks for the info fren!!

GP-TEK

Reaction score
I believe I mentioned that I just dummied it up. Perhaps you should go back and reread what I wrote and not just look at the pictures.

I needed it powered to verify that the homelink programmer will work with the relay.
Oh wow. Thank you for your post. Sorry people have the need to put other people down. I personally appreciate your info and would wire accordingly to my standards.

GP-TEK

Reaction score
Why the hate? I understand constructive criticism but coño.. while I appreciate what you are saying, it could have been worded differently. God Bless.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why the hate? I understand constructive criticism but coño.. while I appreciate what you are saying, it could have been worded differently. God Bless.
No hate here, just pointing out the obvious. Worded differently? No need to call me a vulgar word for a woman's vulva or vagina.👎

GP-TEK

Reaction score
No hate here, just pointing out the obvious. Worded differently? No need to call me a vulgar word for a woman's vulva or vagina.👎
Understood friend. You are trying to help out others. Apologies.

GP-TEK

Reaction score
Lol 😂 Coño means damn in certain parts. Good catch though! Again, apologies.

Sgschaer

Reaction score

GP-TEK

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread