5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add your location to your signature

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Hi all. As I’m reading threads I’m thinking it would be a nice addition to include in your signature where you are located. So many times the first question on the forum is “well it depends, where are you located?” Plus it’s fun to see who’s interacting where they are in our great country. Just a thought. Cheers!

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Yeah I know that, but if it’s in the signature, then you can just see it right there. Just tying to make this a little more interactive and fun. I don’t care to dig into people’s profiles to see where they are 😁

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^That

edit: although, I just realized that it doesn’t show location on mobile view unless I tap on the screen name of the person.

1D32319

Reaction score
It will on the ipad. On an iphone, it will when you hold your phone sideways.

I only browse on mobile, never post or log on though, so no big change to me.

Sorta to the OP's point though, it is somewhat amusing when someone goes what is the best tire for my use and doesn't list his location.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've had my location in my sig since I joined the forum. People who know where The Palouse is will know which part of the country that is. If I were to say Pullman WA most people will think I live near Seattle. Which is funny because Pullman is almost as far away from Seattle as I can get and still be in the same state.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another reason why using the forums on laptop or pc is the best! I can't stand using my phone or a tablet to be on the forums, but I'm a 35 year old dinosaur on this issue and love using a PC still.

Don't get me wrong, I have an smartphone like just about everyone else, but just find it frustrating to use in this instance.

Also on another ram forum that caters to all generations of ram, half the posts in the 5th gen section end up being about other generations of trucks. This began happening more over the years (I've been there since 2014) and I suspect it's because of people using their phones to post on there, and apparently not being able to see which section they are posting in? Minor annoyance, but also what led me to this forum in the first place, and it's been nice to just see 5th gen content when I come here.

Alright I'm going to yell at some kids to get off my lawn now, you all have a nice day.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Another reason why using the forums on laptop or pc is the best! I can't stand using my phone or a tablet to be on the forums, but I'm a 35 year old dinosaur on this issue and love using a PC still.

Don't get me wrong, I have an smartphone like just about everyone else, but just find it frustrating to use in this instance.

Also on another ram forum that caters to all generations of ram, half the posts in the 5th gen section end up being about other generations of trucks. This began happening more over the years (I've been there since 2014) and I suspect it's because of people using their phones to post on there, and apparently not being able to see which section they are posting in? Minor annoyance, but also what led me to this forum in the first place, and it's been nice to just see 5th gen content when I come here.

Alright I'm going to yell at some kids to get off my lawn now, you all have a nice day.
Dinosaur, good one Joe. You're my son's age ya pup. :ROFLMAO:

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I've had my location in my sig since I joined the forum. People who know where The Palouse is will know which part of the country that is. If I were to say Pullman WA most people will think I live near Seattle. Which is funny because Pullman is almost as far away from Seattle as I can get and still be in the same state.
GO COUGS!!! Spent four fun years in the Palouse. Always love going back.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
It will on the ipad. On an iphone, it will when you hold your phone sideways.

I only browse on mobile, never post or log on though, so no big change to me.

Sorta to the OP's point though, it is somewhat amusing when someone goes what is the best tire for my use and doesn't list his location.
Ah, interesting. I pretty much just use my iPhone but it’s hard to scroll with it sideways so I never do.

brenan00

Reaction score
Yep, way closer to Idaho. Does Nick still have the Cougar job?

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Funny there was a post today of a guy trying to sell his running boards and everyone was like hey man we don’t even know where you are.

Users who are viewing this thread