5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add Fender Flares or leave off

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Can't decide on adding fender flares or not. I like the non-bolt look so they must be smooth. I can't seem to find any that I like. Aslo I am leaning towards painted to match.

I am leaning towards these from ebay but can't confirm if the push in clip go into existing holes in fender from truck that came with flares from factory. Anyone buy these yet and install?

Pic of my RAM below.

2019 RAM LED Headlights Off.jpg

Dynamite

Reaction score
Heres another option at the end of the page has reviews and some pics of customers with them installed.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Heres another option at the end of the page has reviews and some pics of customers with them installed.

Yea not a fan of the rivets. I want smooth. Thanks for the link.

tobyw

Reaction score
Can't see the E-bay link from my office computer, but if those are OEM flares then yes, the push pins are intended to engage holes in the fender. However, lots of threads on the forum addressing this and options to still use them. I went OEM and color match on my Big Horn because I also despise the rivet/pocket look...

Attachments

• IMG_5392.JPG
    IMG_5392.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 488
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but on these new rams you need to drill holes in the sides of the fenders (that is what the clips are for), and re-use the bolts from underneath. When you order the trucks from the factory, you need to specify with or without the flares. They then stamp the holes and paint the fender.
I was going to have the dealer add them when I bought mine off the lot, but they told me about this so I backed off. Still waiting for someone to come out with OE's with no clips and a channel for double sided tape. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

fflis

Reaction score
I hate that my limited flares are bolted on with black bolts. Annoys me to no end. I might try to paint them someday.
e5adcfa0d3f227a55697ff2584f2f0dc.jpg

You can kind of see them here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hate that my limited flares are bolted on with black bolts. Annoys me to no end. I might try to paint them someday.
e5adcfa0d3f227a55697ff2584f2f0dc.jpg

You can kind of see them here

I don’t like that either. I thought about getting that edge all painted black or line-x’d or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheeler

Reaction score
Can't decide on adding fender flares or not. I like the non-bolt look so they must be smooth. I can't seem to find any that I like. Aslo I am leaning towards painted to match.

I am leaning towards these from ebay but can't confirm if the push in clip go into existing holes in fender from truck that came with flares from factory. Anyone buy these yet and install?

Pic of my RAM below.

View attachment 44430
Truck look sharp the way it is. Flare gonna cover the tire offset.

Smithc4

Reaction score

Pic of my RAM below.

View attachment 44430
I put Brushwackers on mine. 2010 1500. Had them painted to match. 9447F5EF-A63F-4F08-875E-A860A2320ED2.png

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Pic of my RAM below.

View attachment 44430
we have twins...leave them off.

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Did the question ever get answered about if there are holes IN the metal fenders to support the OEM flares? I am also considering adding the factory smooth OEM flares but do not want to drill holes in my fenders to apply them.
Also - Does anyone know if the OEM flares come painted? Or are they unpainted and I need to have a painter color match?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score

Pic of my RAM below.

View attachment 44430
Painted Fender Flares from Bushwacker would look good and help protect debris flying off and scratching your paint.

Users who are viewing this thread