5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add center dash speaker to base 6 speaker systems?

Clyde

Reaction score
Anyone know if it’s possible to add a center dash speaker to the base 6 speaker systems...

I pulled the grill off hoping there might be a connector there (wishful thinking) but did not see anything.

Only interested/worth it to me if it’s a simple solution, changing a wiring harness squashes it for me.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just looked at wiring diagrams of all the systems. The 6 base, all out puts to speakers come straight from the radio. So I would say no. Harness & radio will be needed

Clyde

Reaction score
Just looked at wiring diagrams of all the systems. The 6 base, all out puts to speakers come straight from the radio. So I would say no. Harness & radio will be needed
Thx Nails, your knowledge on this is greatly appreciated.

I didn’t think the speakers were directly wired from the radio/head unit... thought they were routed through the amp looking thing under the drivers seat - good to know. Possibly easier to add the middle dash speaker that being the case???

Any way to tell if infact the head units are different between the base 6 vs the others... is there a chance there might be outputs for the middle speaker?

If there is outputs, it in theory, would sound pretty easy to add the short harness to the speaker as they are in such close proximity to one another.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I have 5 Harmon Kardon speakers that I just changed out in my truck. If someone is interested in upgrading their speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread