5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add 6.4 HEMI to engine list

derp

Reaction score
last I heard it wasn't an orderable engine for the 1500 DT.

the HD rams have it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This site is for the 5th Gen Ram 1500. DT.

Our sister site is WWW.HDRAMS.COM

This is where you will find the 6.4l Hemi

NOTE: before someone replies it was here...it was...but it was decided to separate the trucks as the Heavy Duty hasn't got the 5th Gen designation yet.

beachbunny

Reaction score
ahhhh, thanks
This site is for the 5th Gen Ram 1500. DT.

Our sister site is WWW.HDRAMS.COM

This is where you will find the 6.4l Hemi

NOTE: before someone replies it was here...it was...but it was decided to separate the trucks as the Heavy Duty hasn't got the 5th Gen designation yet.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I‘d have liked a 6.4 in my 1500, personally. Tired of the Ford guys with the 6.2 and soon to be 7.3 having all that power. (Yes I know the 7.3 gas is for superduty’s but still).

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since I have a 6.4 in my Durango SRT, I have wondered a couple of times that it probably wouldn't be too difficult to switch engines. Wife: "What are you doing out in the garage?" Me: "Oh, not much. Just changing the engine.....oil" Wife: "You have to take out the engine to do that???" Me: "Yes, it makes it easier to get to the oil filter. But I'll be done in a few days....or weeks!" :D

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Since I have a 6.4 in my Durango SRT, I have wondered a couple of times that it probably wouldn't be too difficult to switch engines. Wife: "What are you doing out in the garage?" Me: "Oh, not much. Just changing the engine.....oil" Wife: "You have to take out the engine to do that???" Me: "Yes, it makes it easier to get to the oil filter. But I'll be done in a few days....or weeks!" :D
Ha ha, thats great. Maybe the new 700 hp+ in your next one? Can you say “trackhawk”?

Users who are viewing this thread