5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC issues

borden72

Reaction score
I know there's a fair amount of owners with AC issues. I saw this site this morning. For those having issues it may be worth checking out to see if you can join in the suit. If there's enough interest I am sure they would join the Ram in the suit.

Ickabod

Reaction score
Doesn't seem relevant:
"Attorneys have reason to suspect that Fiat Chrysler failed to properly flush the casting sand out of the engine blocks on some of its cars when they were made. It is believed that, as a result, the residual sand can circulate throughout the cooling system and settle as a “sludge-like” residue in the heater core, radiator and oil cooler. This is what may be causing the heating and cooling systems to malfunction and fail. "

borden72

Reaction score
Doesn't seem relevant:
"Attorneys have reason to suspect that Fiat Chrysler failed to properly flush the casting sand out of the engine blocks on some of its cars when they were made. It is believed that, as a result, the residual sand can circulate throughout the cooling system and settle as a “sludge-like” residue in the heater core, radiator and oil cooler. This is what may be causing the heating and cooling systems to malfunction and fail. "
I would agree that would be a different issue for the Ram but might be worth someone with an AC issue to reach out to the attorneys. Never know.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would agree that would be a different issue for the Ram but might be worth someone with an AC issue to reach out to the attorneys. Never know.
Sand castings shouldn't affect the blend door, as has been noted.
The Jeep "JK Forum" had a thread from April 2012 that talked about various coolant and cooling issues relating to sand castings. Here's the title:
Casting sand left in the engine block.

Users who are viewing this thread