5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaaarg! My order was wrong! Dealer mishap.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
Just venting... So I placed an order for patriot blue limited 3 weeks ago. When the salesman sent me a copy of the order the truck was listed as black. So I called...no answer. I emailed.... no reply. The next day I texted and got no response. then a couple hours or so later I got an email saying that it was the wrong order he had sent me and the order that actually went in was for the correct truck; the order we had reviewed together in the dealership and that the truck was definitely blue.

I tried to confirm it with RAM customer support, but was told they couldn’t look it up until the build sheet was released. Today it was! Was super excited to read through the sheet until I got to the paint color... BLACK! WTF?!

So now they’ve submitted a new order and the wait starts all over again. AAAAAAAAAAAA.

The dealer says the kid I was working with is gone (not related to this screw up) and that they should be able to call and speed things up a bit, but I highly doubt it. I can’t see that a modern and efficient manufacturing line, like what they’re doing with these trucks, has much, if any room for adhoc changes. They really do push these builds through fast... maybe they could speed up delivery, but I doubt the dealer is willing to do much there. Sucks.

Anyway, there’s a dealer in Timonium, MD who’ll have a black limited long bed with all the toppings available for sale in a couple weeks - if you’re looking for something like that.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bummer man. Least your not stuck with it. Little more patience and you’ll be in your dream truck, grin from ear to ear. Will be all worth the wait to be right for ya

Users who are viewing this thread