5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/T tires

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking to replace the stock Duelers with a better looking A/T tire but given that 99% of my driving is on paved roads I want something that is quiet and good on pavement but handles mild off-road and snow and looks more agressive. Interested in recommendations and pictures of your truck with the tires. I am running a stock Laramie and don't have any desire to lift etc. Thanks!

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
My 2019 came with the Falken Wildpeaks. Overall been really happy with them. 29k on them and they are holding up well. I haven't done any major offroading, but felt like they handled the snow pretty well.

Rambro1776

Reaction score
AT3 for 5k miles now and probably my favorite tire I’ve ever had thus far. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSox10NG

Reaction score
Also Falken AT3s. 275/65/R18 on my 4x4.

Quick note: I purchased through Discount Tire and loved it. Great pricing and they service the tires. My front right is leaking air and it’s no cost fix/replace.

jkm312

Reaction score
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s gets high marks. You may want to consider the physical weight of the tire. Michelin defenders are another choice if you do not go off road much, they won't handle mud as well as an AT tire. I'm in the same quandary as you.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s gets high marks. You may want to consider the physical weight of the tire. Michelin defenders are another choice if you do not go off road much, they won't handle mud as well as an AT tire. I'm in the same quandary as you.
I have the Michelin Defenders and they are a GREAT tire for mostly highway driving.

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 came with the Falken Wildpeaks. Overall been really happy with them. 29k on them and they are holding up well. I haven't done any major offroading, but felt like they handled the snow pretty well.
Those are the A/T3WA tires that are more paved road tread pattern than the more aggressive A/T3W tires.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
huh, didn't realize that!. I just assumed they only had one A/T tire. Have to remember that when i get new ones.

1D32319

Reaction score
The AT3W Wildpeaks are pretty good for year round tires. I had them on my Tacoma last year and they had no issues in a northern New England winter.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Michelin does not make an A/T tire that has an aggressive look. I just bought a 2021 Silverado 3500 with the Z71 sport package and it said it came with A/T tires. Then I find out the tires are Michelin LTX AT2’s. They look like street tires. So I’m getting them swapped out for something just like the OP is looking for.

I got the Falken Wild Peak AT3W when they first came out years ago and they are probably exactly what you would want. Handled everything a MN winter threw at me, look aggressive but make no road noise as far as I can remember. Duratracs are noisy, KO2’s can be noisy. I currently have Wrangler Ultraterrains and while they are an awesome tire they make some road noise as well.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are the A/T3WA tires that are more paved road tread pattern than the more aggressive A/T3W tires.
The AT3W Wildpeaks are pretty good for year round tires. I had them on my Tacoma last year and they had no issues in a northern New England winter.
My dad ditched his A/T3WA tires for the A/T3W ones and is very happy with them.

They are a nice tire and were my second choice. If I lived where winter was "real" and I had to deal with ice/snow then they would have been my first choice.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are definitely lighter than a lot of other E-Rated tires out there but are still heavier than the P-Rated (non-ORG) or C-Rated (ORG) tires that the truck comes with, unless you have a Rebel (which comes with E-Rated Duratracs).

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If money is a concern check out the Hankook Dynapro AT2's. Good looking A/T tire.

Also, be prepared, no A/T tire is going to be as quiet as your Dueler's, none. Be prepared for some tire noise, especially if you like to drive with windows up and no radio. You'll notice the difference.
Gotta 'pay to play' if you want a better looking tire.

Users who are viewing this thread