5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Powertrain mule for TRX

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These pics really show the muscle sculpting @redriderbob talked about when the 5th Gen was first being seen.

The style of the test mule reminds me of the way the Demon was dressed up like a liberty walk creation.

Good times. Can't wait to learn more.

Although the Duratracs must be a hit since they went to the rebel from the powerwagon, I have always liked the look of BFGoodrich tires

Rustydodge

Reaction score
This is awesome.

Any eagle eye observations about any axle differences? Tried to look but to me doesn't look much different from the standard 9.25 rear.

The axle locator bracket/traction bars are pretty sweet. Would be nice to combine that function with "rock slider" function.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
So this is mule #2 that shows a mild 2" lift/level with 35" tires.

Does this mean that the TR vs TRX will be difference of 35s vs 37s, mild lift vs king shocks? Always assumed TR would be 7.0 and TRX would be hellcat, but maybe TR is "onroad" hellcat and TRX is "offroad" hellcat.

Jeep is adding an "urban" trim with the trailhawk and deserthawk. Maybe Ram will do a little of the same IDK

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
https://5thgenrams.com/caught-ram-rebel-trx-powertrain-mule/

Man I sure would have liked to come onto this discovery behind one of these great ecoboost Fords at a stoplight and seen the surprised look on their face.

@VoiceOfReason getting closer.
“The photographer said that this truck had the distinctive HELLCAT supercharger whine and that when the engineer got on it to get away from being photographed the truck took off like a rocket.”
They’re going to have to build quite a few of these things to keep up with demand!

Rustydodge

Reaction score
“The photographer said that this truck had the distinctive HELLCAT supercharger whine and that when the engineer got on it to get away from being photographed the truck took off like a rocket.”
They’re going to have to build quite a few of these things to keep up with demand!

Part of an advantage i guess of having 2 different superchargers now with standard hellcat and larger redeye...eases the demand some. I also wonder if that's the big reason why we never saw it on the 4th gen Rams...to much demand already with the challengers and chargers.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can not wait to see this hood.:love:

I still am very interested to know what the rumors of the Rebel SubBrand really mean, or if that is even a thing anymore.

I keep thinking how well the secrets are being kept on the HD redesign and how little rumor flow there is, let alone actual info.

I know the wonderful fun Dodge had hiding ADR in plain site for so long.

Wonder what has been driving around in plain site for Ram to have fun with.

Jeep gets to have all their fun at moab. Maybe with the Texas state Fair we will get a glimpse...

I sure hope Ram doesn't forget the fans who loved the SRT 10 and would buy them again.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With the Jeep Truck showing up in a form real close to final, more 5th Gen HD spy shots showingit getting closer, one has to wonder...what is the TRX hiding as now.

Texas state Fair is coming up...were it made a wonderful surprise debut in 2016.

I gotta feeling...

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Did you see the TFL live stream with Jim? Yeah, definitely new stuff coming to Texas state fair.

Apparently, Rebel with 12" screen and reclining rear seats is in the works. Now they just have to add front bench seating!

Maybe, just maybe, TRX or TR....

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you see the TFL live stream with Jim? Yeah, definitely new stuff coming to Texas state fair.

Apparently, Rebel with 12" screen and reclining rear seats is in the works. Now they just have to add front bench seating!

Maybe, just maybe, TRX or TR....
No I did not. Thanks for the heads up.

I know a lot of guys were angry about different things that didn't show up originally. I hope people do realize that Ram has a plan to roll out more and more things over the next few years.

This is exciting news.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
one has to wonder...what is the TRX hiding
I get the impression they are cracking down on the leak sources. The Hellephant was well hidden (I don't recall hearing so much as a murmur about it until the official teasers came out) and the production TRX would be near impossible to hide, but they seem to be doing well with the secrecy. Perhaps they are scouting more obscure locations and working at night for testing, I don't know. But the news and rumors have seemed to dry up of late. The allpar TRX forum has been more or less idle since early October - going on two months without a meaningful update.
The Gladiator was big news in LA, the Heavy Duty refresh will dominate Detroit I presume. Maybe some Grand Cherokee/Wagoneer updates in New York/Chicago, then we look for IfYouKnowYouKnow -esque video teasers for TR/TRX?
The Hellephant was quite the surprise. What else do they have up their sleeves? What are Santa's little elves up to . . . (besides keeping secrets).

When they spill the beans, they're going to break the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread