5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-Pillar Removal

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone physically removed their A-pillar on either side to route wiring from the roof line down to the fuse panel below the steering column? Not looking to "tuck" wiring behind the rubber door gasket but a total removal of the pillar.

Thanks!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've done it... but on a different Mopar vehicle. If it's the same, the removal method is "pull and slide", but you gotta know where to pull and which direction to slide...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks but looking for far more detail than this...it appears that there are two covers over the bottom and top of the pillar handle that pop out to access bolts as well. I am hopeful that there are a few folks that can provide a more accurate and in-depth reply. Otherwise, I will learn this first hand when I attempt it this weekend;)

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks but looking for far more detail than this...it appears that there are two covers over the bottom and top of the pillar handle that pop out to access bolts as well. I am hopeful that there are a few folks that can provide a more accurate and in-depth reply. Otherwise, I will learn this first hand when I attempt it this weekend;)

I get ya :geek: I was just bumping your post and lending some activity so that it doesn't fall to the bottom and nobody sees it. Surely someone here knows how to do this.

macallien

Reaction score
I would not remove them. Just tuck them in there beneath the rubber seal with a plastic trim tool.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would not remove them. Just tuck them in there beneath the rubber seal with a plastic trim tool.

Thanks but that's not the way I do things. I am an anal engineer that has worked on wiring cars my whole life and like things secured and routed properly.

Lablvr2

Reaction score

Remove the 2 covers that hide the bolts gently with a very small flathead so you don't marr them up. I think bolts are 10mm heads. I removed mine once and took 2 minutes. Be careful..there is airbag related parts behind it.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be just like last gen. Like @Lablvr2 said, remove the two covers, use a plastic pry if you have one and then the two bolts. Comes right off. Just be gentle removing it, you don’t want to scratch your dash or headliner.

I removed mine on my last truck to tuck wires for audio. You’ll see how the airbag rests in there and how you can slip wires around without impeding the airbag’s job.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks @troutspinner ...thanks for the confirmation. This is exactly why I want to remove the pillar so I can tuck the cables for my dash cam and radar detector behind the airbag since running it across the pillar will as another member suggested effect the airbag deployment.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SG—- super careful man. As it should be quick and easy to do, Airbags behind there.

tjsadler

Reaction score
Thanks but that's not the way I do things. I am an anal engineer that has worked on wiring cars my whole life and like things secured and routed properly.

I just want to congratulate all of you on your maturity. I can't believe no one had any follow up questions to that statement. :ROFLMAO: @securityguy be careful how you phrase that!

tjsadler

Reaction score
Your profession... are you an anal engineer (proctologist? rectal surgeon?) or an engineer who is anal? English is so terrible sometimes. The way you phrased it is perfectly acceptable grammar-wise but can be taken two completely different ways. It's mid-day on a Wednesday so any levity I can find is welcome!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Your profession... are you an anal engineer (proctologist? rectal surgeon?) or an engineer who is anal? English is so terrible sometimes. The way you phrased it is perfectly acceptable grammar-wise but can be taken two completely different ways. It's mid-day on a Wednesday so any levity I can find is welcome!
LOL. I did not even read your post, but seems we’re both on the same wavelength...

Users who are viewing this thread