5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a loud SHOUT out to all the RAM dealers!!

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
After sitting on the fence, waiting for any word on the 6' ft 4" rambox availability (the 5'7" rambox we all know has a hold up issue) - im now dealing with @BobbiBigWheels -western canada(y)
if the 5'7" rambox is taking this long- how long for the 6' 4" rambox is my thinking? my existing truck is sold to an employee. so trying to budget for a new 2019 ram laramie.
i called BBW last night and he was VERY forthcoming and an easy guy to deal with. (so far so good:))
RAM has to do something about about the discrepancy between the internet-build site and the dealers ordering site .
when you click the option for the "off road package" $875.00 the VERY 1ST item that is supposed to be included is the e-locker. but it adds another $525.00
at the dealer level.
i checked @alacombe build sheet and it did the same.
the next issue was when you order the " sports appearance package "you get upgraded to the 20" rims - than select the "off road package" downgraded to the 18" rims.
Once again BBW and I trying to figure it out so if i can get the order i want but WHOLEY COW ... it can't be this hard to START with correct info?

bottom line - i find the differences between the ram "build" website and dealer ordering website is putting the dealer in a VERY sticky situation.

D

Deleted member 85

After sitting on the fence, waiting for any word on the 6' ft 4" rambox availability (the 5'7" rambox we all know has a hold up issue) - im now dealing with @BobbiBigWheels -western canada(y)
if the 5'7" rambox is taking this long- how long for the 6' 4" rambox is my thinking? my existing truck is sold to an employee. so trying to budget for a new 2019 ram laramie.
i called BBW last night and he was VERY forthcoming and an easy guy to deal with. (so far so good:))
RAM has to do something about about the discrepancy between the internet-build site and the dealers ordering site .
when you click the option for the "off road package" $875.00 the VERY 1ST item that is supposed to be included is the e-locker. but it adds another $525.00
at the dealer level.
i checked @alacombe build sheet and it did the same.
the next issue was when you order the " sports appearance package "you get upgraded to the 20" rims - than select the "off road package" downgraded to the 18" rims.
Once again BBW and I trying to figure it out so if i can get the order i want but WHOLEY COW ... it can't be this hard to START with correct info?

bottom line - i find the differences between the ram "build" website and dealer ordering website is putting the dealer in a VERY sticky situation.
B+P has always been brutal. Don't hesitate to contact your dealer for a proper build, as our internal system is the be-all-end-all when it comes to who is right.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
@BobbiBigWheels is a straight shooter and will work his *** of to get you the info you need and make sure you're happy. Glad you gave him a call.

This also brings up a good point about the build and price vs what's actually available, always check with the dealer. I remember when I bought my 2016, adaptive cruise control was an available option on the build and price but that's not something the 4th gens ever had.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
You know, having done software quality assurance testing in a previous life, it really makes me think Ram's website team isn't doing *any* QA on the B&P site, or the team that provides the website team with the correct order guide just isn't doing that.

Seriously, give me the internal order guide and an hour or two to test the B&P site and I'll have a list of all the discrepancies and defects.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, when will we see the 6’4 Rambox???
I would guess June of 2019 we will have a post about why are the 1500 guys getting their 5'7 RamBox so quick and us HD guys are waiting for ever for ours. And the guys waiting to order their 6'4" RamBox 1500 will be saying why can't I order this yet the HD guys can. And then near the end of July 2019 all will start to calm and by end of August the 1500 6'4 RamBox guys will see them start being able to order.

What my crystalball says...have no idea if it has ever really been accurate.

;)(y):D(y)

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
So, when will we see the 6’4 Rambox???

i agree with devildodge.- best case scenario is middle of next year. 2019. thats why im ordering 5'7" rambox now. (this does not look positive as well) i have owned fords. gmc's etc. my ram has been spot on.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Updated opinion - as much as this RAMBOX fiasco has been frustrating to me - imagine the dealers. we officially now have members posting adds for f-150' s. it is inevitable that orders will be cancelled, adjusted, and people who have ordered their truck (with rambox's)DEMAND some type of compensation (i would) . i have been dealing with @BobbiBigWheels for a few weeks now, trying to order a truck and my options are
1)lock in now with the "no incentive prices"?
2) wait until anyone has a date of delivery and higher incentives?

either way the dealers are losing money and probly their hair.

NOTE- will still wait for the 2019 ram 1500 with RAMBOXES.:sleep:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just ordered mine today with ETorque and Ramboxes. Not really expecting it til November.

Ontario must be different than BC cause I got them to lock in 0% for 36 months and $5000 off and if incentives are better when I get it I will get those , plus I also get the bonus $500 for being military(retired now)

D

Deleted member 85

Updated opinion - as much as this RAMBOX fiasco has been frustrating to me - imagine the dealers. we officially now have members posting adds for f-150' s. it is inevitable that orders will be cancelled, adjusted, and people who have ordered their truck (with rambox's)DEMAND some type of compensation (i would) . i have been dealing with @BobbiBigWheels for a few weeks now, trying to order a truck and my options are
1)lock in now with the "no incentive prices"?
2) wait until anyone has a date of delivery and higher incentives?

either way the dealers are losing money and probly their hair.

NOTE- will still wait for the 2019 ram 1500 with RAMBOXES.:sleep:
Rebates and incentive interest rates are "order protected", meaning you get a choice at the time of delivery - the rebates that were available at the time of order placement, or if they're better, the rebates at the time of delivery.

D

Deleted member 85

Wow... Where in the hell did you find that? That form does not exist anywhere that I can find.
Internal systems brother, I'm a sales manager of a Chrysler dealership.

EDIT - just realized you're also a CJDR guy, MB

Under ComDash, incentives, there are 3 attachments to July's incentives. One of them highlights order protection (not your landscapes one).

ponypride

Reaction score
So if I placed an order and gave a deposit can they raise the price upon delivery? That would stink. I am not financing, but do I need the form above filled out?

D

Deleted member 85

So if I placed an order and gave a deposit can they raise the price upon delivery? That would stink. I am not financing, but do I need the form above filled out?
They cannot raise the price - you get 2 options, rebates today, or rebates on arrival. Whichever is most beneficial to your purchase method.

**Note some rebates are not order protected - IE any percentage of MSRP rebates (25% Off MSRP last month on Rams for instance was not order protected, had to me in-stock)

D

Deleted member 85

Well just be happy that your pricing, even after the dollar adjustment, is significantly less than ours... oh and the 12-15% tax we pay on vehicles, oh and the gas prices of $1.40+ per liter, oh and the highest insurance rates in North America (ICBC)...

D

Deleted member 85

I'm thinking this must be a FCA Canada thing only, I have nothing about that anywhere, and our rep again told me it isn't possible to price protect special APRs.
You guys could do the ol' get a VIN for an order and do full paperwork with a deferred payment on the truck, register it as an RDR - when it arrives client picks up and has the current rate?

D

Deleted member 85

I'm thinking this must be a FCA Canada thing only, I have nothing about that anywhere, and our rep again told me it isn't possible to price protect special APRs.
Hey I think I figured out why it's different up here -

We don't have Chrysler Finance here - it's all paid-down rates using Canada's big 3 banks (RBC, TD, Scotiabank) - whereas I think you guys are either standard rates, or low rates from Chrysler Finance?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rebates and incentive interest rates are "order protected", meaning you get a choice at the time of delivery - the rebates that were available at the time of order placement, or if they're better, the rebates at the time of delivery.
Some are not eligible for protection, like the $500 credits. I confirmed this with FCA, as my dealer was pretty useless at taking action to do so.

ponypride

Reaction score
I have a question for RAM dealers. I finalized my deal over the phone and have an email as backup with pricing spelled out. I also signed off on the build sheet. What documention should the dealer provide prior to delivery? Do they provide one of those pink "Retail New Vehicle Order form"? Should I get an order/VIN number? If so when in the process do I get them and is there an official form there are on. I had a brief discussion with my salesperson about th retail order form and he told me I get them at the end when I sig. all the papers, because rebates may increase by the time of delivery and that would change the calculations. Just trying to avoid problems at the end. Please confirm if this is the process.

D

Deleted member 85

Some are not eligible for protection, like the $500 credits. I confirmed this with FCA, as my dealer was pretty useless at taking action to do so.
Yes - I should specify.

We get "retail landscapes" every month for our incentives. With few exceptions these landscapes are order-protected, whereas the little bonuses here and there are typically not.

Users who are viewing this thread