5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C system recall

Snakes709

Reaction score
So i brought my truck in for the restraint system recall and asked them to take a look at the ac system since it barely blows cold air old. Turns out their is a recall for the 4th gens that will be extending to the 5th gens. In my case the condenser has a hole in it or something that causes it to dump its refrigerant. Bad news is, its such a wide spread recall that its about 3-4 weeks before they can get the parts.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any documentation on this? I heard of a recall affecting a VERY small number of trucks where the defrost wouldn't work, I think it was like 12 vehicles or something, but nothing on this scale and not concerning the A/C directly.

Snakes709

Reaction score
Sh
Any documentation on this? I heard of a recall affecting a VERY small number of trucks where the defrost wouldn't work, I think it was like 12 vehicles or something, but nothing on this scale and not concerning the A/C directly.

Should have documents tomorrow. They needed to hold onto my truck to do a cold start to try and hear the clunk noise when you start the truck.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you get the paperwork, ask them for the Recall Number, should be alpha numeric (ex: V61 is one of them for something else), just in case they don't have it on your R.O.

Last edited:

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
Watching this one like a hawk. Have another appointment tomorrow for AC and some other issues.

Snakes709

Reaction score
Nothing about a recall being performed, but good to know you have documentation of an actual leak happening.

I know, was trying to look for it. But on the phone she told me the 4th gens had a recall for this reason and it included my 2019.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait a minute, do you have a 2019 Classic (DS) or a DT? (Fill in your sig info, makes it way easier to know what everyone has without any extra context needed)

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just realized you're from Canada. (and you have a DT truck, which is the 5th gen, so this definitely applies), however, I have no idea if your recalls work the same there as they do here in the U.S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread