5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Not Blowing Cold After Rough Start

JRock57

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is in the right place as this is one of the first post I have made. I have a 2019 Rebel 1500 with approximately 70k miles on it. The other morning I went to crank the truck and it didn’t want to crank. I put a jump box on it for a few mins and it cranked up. Once cranked the check engine light came on. Read code with Diablo Programer display. It was P1DF3, which I believe was ECU not initialized or something like that. I then turned the truck off and successfully cleared the code. Truck cranked right back up with no code showing and is still running fine except for the fact that the A/C won’t work. It was working fine before this happened. All other functions on screen and control panel are working fine. Check the two fuses under hood and both seem to be fine, clutch on a/c compressor is engaging and disengaging when I turn the a/c on and off. It just blows hot air on cold setting and even hotter air on the heat setting. I have read online that it takes time for the truck to relearn if there was a problem with the battery. Welp it’s been 2 - 3 weeks now and this fat boy from south Louisiana is tired of sweating. Praying that one of you fine individuals can give me some insight on this.

How old is your battery? If it’s the original, I suggest replacing it. These trucks get quirky with marginal batteries. I replaced mine at 3.5 years, just to be safe.

I replaced it about a year and half ago. I’m going to bring it in just to get it checked. All readings are showing good though. Off it is reading 12.0 - 12.6 volts, running its showing 14.0 - 14.3 volts.

Battery tested good today. Bringing it to stealership Wednesday. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back