5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

800 HP Silverado Yenko...?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, 800hp and $130,000 doesn't improve the looks of an ugly truck......
I don't have a problem with the exterior looks of the new Silverados...it's the interior that's complete crap. Plus at that price point ..why would anyone want that over a cheaper TRX (cheaper?...lmao)

hoodac78

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the exterior looks of the new Silverados...it's the interior that's complete crap. Plus at that price point ..why would anyone want that over a cheaper TRX (cheaper?...lmao)
I can't stand the exterior of those trucks, and you are right....the interior leaves something to be desired as well. I'd take the TRX any day of the week over that truck!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't stand the exterior of those trucks, and you are right....the interior leaves something to be desired as well. I'd take the TRX any day of the week over that truck!
Came so close to getting a 2020 Trailboss before my Ram...just couldn't understand the interior. But if GM was going to make something worthy...why wouldn't they just make a 6.2 supercharged Trailboss...or supercharge the GMC AT4...lol.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Came so close to getting a 2020 Trailboss before my Ram...just couldn't understand the interior. But if GM was going to make something worthy...why wouldn't they just make a 6.2 supercharged Trailboss...or supercharge the GMC AT4...lol.
Because the Raptor and TRX are not just F150/1500's with a super charged engine. The TRX has many new components, including a signficantly better frame and suspension. It takes a lot of engineering and money to commit to a truck like that. GM does have the skill (ZR2 should prove that), but they lack the vision? money? ...?

The AT4/trailboss competes with the rebel and turd pro; it's a regular truck with a lift and a locker if you're lucky.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because the Raptor and TRX are not just F150/1500's with a super charged engine. The TRX has many new components, including a signficantly better frame and suspension. It takes a lot of engineering and money to commit to a truck like that. GM does have the skill (ZR2 should prove that), but they lack the vision? money? ...?

The AT4/trailboss competes with the rebel and turd pro; it's a regular truck with a lift and a locker if you're lucky.
Maybe it's a lack of interest and something with the net loss/ profit margins... But the AT4 and Trailboss already have pretty good suspension systems. Could easily throw on a supercharger lol. But maybe just keeping the ZR2 smaller off road pickups makes more sense. Who knows. I mean...I could see how having a smaller profile truck geared to off roading for a little less makes sense...not just for cost but having the manuverbility of a smaller vehicle is not a bad thing for tight trails. Just thinking out loud here...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it's a lack of interest and something with the net loss/ profit margins... But the AT4 and Trailboss already have pretty good suspension systems. Could easily throw on a supercharger lol. But maybe just keeping the ZR2 smaller off road pickups makes more sense. Who knows. I mean...I could see how having a smaller profile truck geared to off roading for a little less makes sense...not just for cost but having the manuverbility of a smaller vehicle is not a bad thing for tight trails. Just thinking out loud here...
Would be fun to see a new Typhoon or Syclone...

Brrryan

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it looks like they used the Custom trim for this instead of an LT or higher. So I’m seeing $130k for a modded work truck.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it looks like they used the Custom trim for this instead of an LT or higher. So I’m seeing $130k for a modded work truck.
I wouldn't doubt that lol. Custom is their fancy word for " cheap quality base model" probably an extra $10k for LT...God fobid you spend $130K and can't get a power seat. Smh.

Users who are viewing this thread