5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4NAV Update ??

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I have seen few thread regarding some update on the 12 nav, but not on the 8.4nav. What is the latest update for the 8.4nav? Uconnect website says I am up to date when I put my VIN.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my truck in a few weeks ago for work, including software issues. The dealership says "by the end of the quarter" as usual.

Earlier this year I called uConnect and opened up a case with them. I have been back and forth with them for months and they assure me that there is an 8.4" uConnect 4 update in the works. They don't know why it is taking so long or when it will be out but there is one in development. Not incredibly comforting but it's better than nothing which is what has happened up to this point.

It's supposed to fix some of the glitches that may of us are experiencing.

There hasn't been an update for the 8.4" since I bought my truck last year (15 months ago).

Last edited:

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I had my truck in a few weeks ago for work, including software issues. The dealership says "by the end of the quarter" as usual.

Earlier this year I called uConnect and opened up a case with them. I have been back and forth with them for months and they assure me that there is 8.4" uConnect 4 update in the works. They don't know why it is taking so long or when it will be out but there is one in development. Not incredibly comforting but it's better than nothing which is what has happened up to this point.

It's supposed to fix some of the glitches that may of us are experiencing.

There hasn't been an update for the 8.4" since I bought my truck last year (15 months ago).
thanks for the update! I don’t have a lot of bugs, but usually uconnect update comes more often. remember my GC 2017 I had probably 2/3 updates within a year. I just wish they can fix the EVIC theme reseting to default theme. Not a big deal but still.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same EVIC theme issue. I also get a random black screen and my audio sometimes cuts out.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
My friend got an update available last week on his Jeep Gladiator with the 8.4N. I thought the Jeep's and the RAM with the 8.4N shared the same unit. I guess they are different since we still roll on the 18.23.29 software

Users who are viewing this thread