5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4nav, Guardian not working, try Uconnect app instead

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I finally got some time after doing all the small and big things to my Rebel lately to play with XM Guardian since I have the free trial like everyone else... only to not find it on my system. Followed the instructions for phone installation and it's nowhere to be found on the system in the truck.

Uconnect staff are as helpful as a third nipple and I've been told over and over there is no update for my system even though I've explained I know my software version is dated waaaay older than other trucks. Nothing.

Anyone else having problems with Guardian?

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have it , but it really is of no interest to me.

NeedMo$

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 with Nav and activating Guardian was easy. Didn't follow directions. The only difference is I'm in US but should be the same I would imagine. When you enter your uConnect Apps, do you see the icon for Activate Services?

From there just enter your email address which will be the same as the email you will use on your uConnect mobile app. You will get a confirmation / activation email. Your uConnect system should then be registered. For free its OK but not much reason to use it. Maybe remote start from my office before going home on an extremely cold day but thats about it. Do not see justification enough to pay for it once trial is over at the cost they are asking.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There isn’t a gurdian app on the unit itself. Guardian is an app on the phone that allows what the old uconnect services did like remote lock and unlock send and go.
If it’s not activated there will be a activate services icon. From there you can activate.

You also can activate from your phone or your mopar.com account.

If your WiFi in car is working then your guardian is activated.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did all that, phone app tells me to register. Going in circles.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So turns out Uconnect app and Guardian app are the same thing? Maybe specific to Canada? Maybe I missed that in the small print.

Got it working. Thanks to all the suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread