5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12" upgrade

ram1500BH

Reaction score
I am looking to do this also. I was thinking of calling my local service department to inquire. Unless making the switch yourself is ridiculously easy, I'd most likely have them do the work anyway.

SColang22

Reaction score
I am looking to do this also. I was thinking of calling my local service department to inquire. Unless making the switch yourself is ridiculously easy, I'd most likely have them do the work anyway.
It’s super easy. I just want to make sure it plug and play and I don’t need a new computer module for it

SColang22

Reaction score
Believe it’s little more then plug and play. But doable
From what I found the screen is an easy install. Then I need to download the new software which is also easy. Only think I can find an answer to is if the module is the same

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its a hdmi or high speed cable goes from radio/hvac to processing module.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's another thread on this and they got pretty close... I believe that the volume and tune knobs were the only things not working.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Where do you get the software? And has anybody figured out how to check the SW version on the 8.4” non-Nav?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel714

Reaction score

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Infotainment.com sells the complete kit

They’re out of their damn mind

Users who are viewing this thread