5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Wheel Hitch

Gizmo

Reaction score
Has anyone here installed a 5th wheel hitch on a 2019 RAM Rebel (6.5' bed) yet? Pics? Specifics of hitch model used?

CJ.

Reaction score
It's not in my Rebel but my 3500 has the 6'4" Rambox bed and I run an Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch. They make a Rail mount and a gooseneck ball mount of the same hitch. If I was going to run one in the half ton, it would certainly be this one again. The hitch weighs about 40 lbs and is rated for 24k.

Last edited:

thehawk116

Reaction score
I've got a B&W goose neck on my rebel. I went from an F250 to the rebel, so it squats a little more than I would like, but it really does manage well. The trailer loaded up is somewhere around 8k lbs, and no worry of bottoming out or lack of towing confidence. I tried the timbren bump stops to help with the sag, and the ride quality was just terrible. Poor ride quality was the whole reason i ditched the F250. That being said, don't fear the goose neck, it does well. I didn't do the install, but the shop that did said it was no big deal. Just a small hole in the plastic fender liner for the turnover ball pin.

Rebel Trailer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread