5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Wheel / Gooseneck Towing prep package question

labjr1

Reaction score
The description of this package on the RAM website is a bit confusing - "This option provides mounting holes for a fifth wheel hitch and for a gooseneck ball, covers for these mounting holes, and a bed mounted 7-pin connector". It makes it sound as if it only has holes in the bed and the wiring. All my previous RAMs came ready for a 5th wheel ball and pucks. Can I assume that is still the case. I know it seems like a ridiculous question but my new truck arrives Monday and I want to make sure I am good to go with my Gooseneck just by transferring the ball and pucks from my 2018 3500.

zachary.rojas

Reaction score
I haven't seen it personally in the 2019 trucks, but the sales code (AHU) and the description for the option is exactly the same for the 2018 and 2019 model trucks. I am sure you're good to go.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

labjr1

Reaction score
Thank you. I suspected as much, but the description was a bit vague since it only says it includes the holes in the bed (and not the underbed system). Since I had a 2017 and a 2018 with the same sales code I will rest a bit more comfortably until it arrives Monday.

Last edited:

TexasDrone

Reaction score
I would assume it will have everything ready to drop the ball in and go just like my 2016. At least I’m hoping so since mine is built and should ship in 1-2 weeks to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Mine just hit KZ status!! Getting close now.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Exactly what I ordered. Mine is the Mega Cab.
9715cac03267565ac56e8be304761c9b.jpg

slimchance

Reaction score
just picked mine up yesterday ... it has the 7 pin wiring in the bed and the holes thru the bed ready for the puck system hookup

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@slimchance sounds like you got a great tow rig. So, how life changing is that 8 foot bed? I have still had to use my bed extender, but I haven't had anything that didn't fit.

Anxious to hear more of your thoughts about HD compared to 1500

slimchance

Reaction score
well ... the 1500 with the cap and stuff in the bed rode like a car .. the 2500 has a fold up bed cover and rides like a truck .... first tank of gas and 300 miles, dash says 15.7 mpg and a range to empty of 279 miles ... so mpg looks like it is good so far (limited information) the steering with the 20" tires is much slower/stiffer that the 18" on the 1500 .... you sit high enough to SEE .... the deal included side steps but the dealer did an IOU for them cause he did not have them in stock, so the truck sits REALLY high and is hard to get in ... it's been 10 yrs since i had an 8' bed and after loading the stuff from the other trk, it is empty ... and now the hunt for a 5th whl has changed from pin weight to features although i still want to limit myself to less than 11,000#, just cause

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Having Botha 3500 and then wife having the 1500 I can say I am in love with the ram brand

3500 came with the puck system and has the in bed wiring all set up as well as the bed lighting.

Nice set up to be honest.

1f29aabcfa98e9b9213c2cae2d5ab80c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread