5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7L exhaust fit on 3.6L

wcarman

Reaction score
I've found videos and discussions of 4th gen owners swapping from a factory 3.6L exhaust to a factory 5.7L exhaust and they fit below the v6 bumper because the connection for the tip is a ball style with a clamp, so it can aim down a bit. I can't find anything about 5th gens though. (See attached Images) It only appears that the Back 1/4 is actually different in the V8 model because it has the Y going to each rear exit. The bracket and muffler form factor seems to be exactly the same up to the mid-pipe (rear) flange.

My question is, has anyone tried this on the 5th gen trucks? or has anyone tried an aftermarket dual exhaust for a 5.7L fit our 3.6L (preferably without a rear bumper swap)?

I'm only asking because there aren't many options specifically for the 3.6L and most of the 5.7L options look like they will fit, may just need to add a driverside hanger.

Attachments

• v6.png
    v6.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 59
  • V8.png
    V8.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

1lowcab

Reaction score
Yes, it will fit, I have one on my v6 Ram. Its a factory 5th gen Hemi exhaust. I'm still running my v6 bumper but I did get the rear valance pieces for a hemi bumper, it all just bolts up. You will need to get a drivers side rear rubber exhaust hanger, bracket and the 2 bolts for it. I think it took me about on hour to swap out my old exhaust with the hemi exhaust.

20210919_145713_HDR.jpg

wcarman

Reaction score
Yes, it will fit, I have one on my v6 Ram. Its a factory 5th gen Hemi exhaust. I'm still running my v6 bumper but I did get the rear valance pieces for a hemi bumper, it all just bolts up. You will need to get a drivers side rear rubber exhaust hanger, bracket and the 2 bolts for it. I think it took me about on hour to swap out my old exhaust with the hemi exhaust.

View attachment 106343
Awesome! Thank you for confirming that. It looks great. I really like the Blue Streak with the black. Does it sound better or any different than the stock v6 exhaust or about the same?

Lamont22

Reaction score

View attachment 106343
Thanks for this info. Looks great! Also curious how the sound is, any drone? Did you angle the tips down slightly to work with the V6 bumper? I thought I would need to get a new bumper to run this setup, but this looks very clean.

1lowcab

Reaction score
It sounds pretty much the same, maybe just a tiny little bit lower but not much at all. I did the swap for looks.
The tips won't need angled down as long as you use the valance pieces from a hemi bumper, there are 4 pieces from a hemi bumper that have the majority of the cutout for the tips.
Its all super easy.

wcarman

Reaction score
It sounds pretty much the same, maybe just a tiny little bit lower but not much at all. I did the swap for looks.
The tips won't need angled down as long as you use the valance pieces from a hemi bumper, there are 4 pieces from a hemi bumper that have the majority of the cutout for the tips.
Its all super easy.
Thanks for the info, I'm mostly doing it for the looks so that works great. I'll probably do the bumper valance also. Much appreciated!

2point0

Reaction score

View attachment 106343
For anyone that performed this exhaust swap, did you all have weld the connections together? or did you do without welding with clamps or another type of bond. I am considering making this swap because i was able to find a cheap hemi exhaust in my area

1lowcab

Reaction score
For anyone that performed this exhaust swap, did you all have weld the connections together? or did you do without welding with clamps or another type of bond. I am considering making this swap because i was able to find a cheap hemi exhaust in my area
If they took it off without cutting it it will all just slip back together.

2point0

Reaction score
I got mine all installed. Had to get some of the pipes welded. Questions for all, anyone do this with an after market exhaust? i was wondering if anyone experienced any loud drone type noise around 2000rpm. I have a b2fab muffler but before i switch back to stock i wanted to see if anyone else had issues with this loud bassy type noise and 2000rpm.Thanks

Undaground

Reaction score

View attachment 106343
Hi, I know this was posted a while back but wanted know if you remember the part numbers for the rear rubber hangar, bracket, bolts and valance pieces for the back bumper. I'm doing this swap and would greatly appreciate it.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Hi, I know this was posted a while back but wanted know if you remember the part numbers for the rear rubber hangar, bracket, bolts and valance pieces for the back bumper. I'm doing this swap and would greatly appreciate it.
Hi! I don't remember, but if you search ebay for ram rear valance you will find the pieces. And you should find the hanger there too.

Undaground

Reaction score
Hi! I don't remember, but if you search ebay for ram rear valance you will find the pieces. And you should find the hanger there too.
Thanks, yeah I'm searching the parts up and making a list can post mopar part numbers after I figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread