5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7 hemi w/e etorque fuel mileage

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
What kind of fuel mileage are people getting with their trucks? I'm currently getting about 11 or 12 in town and 14 on highway, flat roads, 75mph. I have just over 3000 on my truck. I've been told the mileage gets better as you put more miles on the engine. Can anybody confirm that?

SacRebel

Reaction score
Mileage is crap. Like mentioned above, do a search, many threads on the issue. Here's a video I just posted in another thread. They have done 3 highway test all under 18 mpg.

Jerunnimo34

Reaction score
What kind of fuel mileage are people getting with their trucks? I'm currently getting about 11 or 12 in town and 14 on highway, flat roads, 75mph. I have just over 3000 on my truck. I've been told the mileage gets better as you put more miles on the engine. Can anybody confirm that?
Yeah my truck has 3600 miles on it and I'm currently averaging 15.2 mpg. I've not gone on any long trips since I purchased my Laramie Longhorn back in November. I just drive round trip of 62 mile back and forth to work speeds ranging from 65-80 mph, and do some errands and visiting on the weekends.

Gearwhine

Reaction score
Still averaging 17 in the city. I get up to 25 on open highways. I've been extremely happy. I've always been a slower and less snappy driver, so I'm not doing anything special (compared to myself) to get this.

At 3k miles right now. Hasn't gotten any better since around 500 miles.

V8Spock

Reaction score
I did a 1200 mile trip last weekend. Dash MPG averaged 18.5 on mainly highways using 89 octane. 75+ MPH.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Search. There are many threads on this. You can also check on fuelly.com.

Problem with a lot of those threads is that there is a mix of data with and without the eTorque. And on Fuelly, I can not see where they even differentiate.

Plus, also knowing the rearend gear ratio is helpful as that makes a difference.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah my truck has 3600 miles on it and I'm currently averaging 15.2 mpg. I've not gone on any long trips since I purchased my Laramie Longhorn back in November. I just drive round trip of 62 mile back and forth to work speeds ranging from 65-80 mph, and do some errands and visiting on the weekends.
I'm not surprised to hear that, especially if you have it optioned up. The Limited and especially Longhorns are heavy trucks. I try to maintain perspective...this truck came from the factory with 95 HP and 50 lb-ft of torque more than my old one, and that truck only saw 11 mpg. Granted, it was tuned for 93 octane and driven as such, but I'm enjoying this truck and seeing around 15 mpg.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Problem with a lot of those threads is that there is a mix of data with and without the eTorque. And on Fuelly, I can not see where they even differentiate.

Plus, also knowing the rearend gear ratio is helpful as that makes a difference.
Well then, this thread doesn't help either—the OP didn't indicate whether they have eTorque or which gearing.

And Fuelly differentiates by "gas" vs. "electric/gas".

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Well then, this thread doesn't help either—the OP didn't indicate whether they have eTorque or which gearing.

And Fuelly differentiates by "gas" vs. "electric/gas".

Well, they tried for the first part. subject says "5.7 hemi w/e etorque". I took this as a type for w/o meaing with out.

I just went back to Fuelly to double-check. I searched for what I ordered and there is not an option to select "electric/gas". There also was not a sub-model for a Limited but that is not that big of deal. But another inportant item to include is 2 vs 4 wheel drive and there was not an option for that, either.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sure. But you can ask the question on those threads instead of having yet another mpg thread. And Fuelly absolutely does differentiate.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Well, they tried for the first part. subject says "5.7 hemi w/e etorque". I took this as a type for w/o meaing with out.

I just went back to Fuelly to double-check. I searched for what I ordered and there is not an option to select "electric/gas". There also was not a sub-model for a Limited but that is not that big of deal. But another inportant item to include is 2 vs 4 wheel drive and there was not an option for that, either.

Yes, it was a typo, I meant to put w/o

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Still averaging 17 in the city. I get up to 25 on open highways. I've been extremely happy. I've always been a slower and less snappy driver, so I'm not doing anything special (compared to myself) to get this.

At 3k miles right now. Hasn't gotten any better since around 500 miles.

I wouldn't rate myself as a slow driver, but I'm definitely not a racer or in a hurry very often. I just felt like driving around town running errands I should be getting better than 11. Granted winter time here in the Midwest is affecting that, but I was just hoping for better fuel economy.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Sure. But you can ask the question on those threads instead of having yet another mpg thread. And Fuelly absolutely does differentiate.
I created a new thread so we could have one dedicated to the 2019 ram 1500, 5.7 hemi W/E etorque, instead of having to sift through all the data to find it.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I created a new thread so we could have one dedicated to the 2019 ram 1500, 5.7 hemi W/E etorque, instead of having to sift through all the data to find it.

Fuellys website might not be the most intuitive. Here is the info for the 2019 Ram 1500, with applied filters of 5.7 V8, Gas, Crew Cab, Big Horn.
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn MPG
Based on data from 16 vehicles, 201 fuel-ups and 64,219 miles of driving, the 2019 Ram 1500 gets a combined Avg MPG of 15.45 with a 0.41 MPG margin of error.

Sparkyyy

Reaction score
First tank check, about 600 miles on truck, getting 13.2mpg (truck says 13.8mpg) most trips have been 10 miles at 55-60, 3-4 miles at 30-40 stop and go, usually shut off start/stop because stopping does not feel right and AC does not work as well...

slimchance

Reaction score

click on my Fuelly icon below (or anybodies) to view data .. the site is truely NOT the "most intuitive " ... at the bottom of that page click on similar models .. as you see i just started using Fuelly .. we have two Hemi etorque 4x4 Laramies .. each with about 4,000 miles and average 18 - 19 local driving .. we LIKE etorque

CouchAssault

Reaction score
currently at 4200 miles. i get 15.5 combined 18 highway. oil changed to m1 full syn at 2k. software updates performed at 3k. i use costco 93 octane exclusively. mileage is below epa but at expectations

draykas

Reaction score
I have 2019 larmie longhorn 5.7 with etorque and 4wd. I have about 14000 on it already. I do travel about 35 mile each way to work about a 40/60 split hwy city. it appears I get around 14 city and we hit 19+ Hwy ( reading says 19.4 this morning after drive to work and 200 mile trip for weekend). I will add I do have a heavy foot getting on hwy from old days of driving charger scat pack. It started crappy but seems once broke in did a lot better on mileage

Users who are viewing this thread