5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4WD Light Blinking

Tesla

Reaction score
Well I finally had my first issue with my 5th gen. Roads got horrible out of nowhere and I pressed 4WD Auto after starting my truck, but the 2WD light stays on while the 4WD auto light just blinks. Tried shutting it off for 10 mins and still did the same thing.
Any ideas what it could be?

Edit: Left the truck for about an hour and a half. Went and started it and now it seems to be working fine

Last edited:

pitcru

Reaction score
Did you put it in " N" before you switched to 4wd? Did you drive it anywhere after you made the switch to 4wd?

Tesla

Reaction score
Did you put it in " N" before you switched to 4wd? Did you drive it anywhere after you made the switch to 4wd?
It was in park. I typically engage it in 4WD Auto when its in park because I know it'll be needed for the drive. I drove it for about 35 mins, it had the 2WD light on, and the 4WD Auto light flashing on the dash and button the entire time

Last edited:

Leggo

Reaction score
Well I finally had my first issue with my 5th gen. Roads got horrible out of nowhere and I pressed 4WD Auto after starting my truck, but the 2WD light stays on while the 4WD auto light just blinks. Tried shutting it off for 10 mins and still did the same thing.

Edit: Left the truck for about an hour and a half. Went and started it and now it seems to be working fine

Leggo

Reaction score

Did you ever have this happen again? If so, what was the resolution?

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blinking light when trying to engage or disengage from my experience.

I run 4WD H often. Sometimes it helps to slowly drive forward or reverse while turning steering back and forth gently, slightly and slowly.

Must be in N like others have said for 4L.

Users who are viewing this thread