5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4wd issues

Stephenlaplaca

Reaction score
Good evening. I am having an issue with my 19 bighorn and I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue. I was trying my 4wd the other day. I don’t use it often so every other month I like to engage it. This time after pushing the button the 4wd high light next to the transmission knob kept flashing and so did the light on the dash. I tried all modes of the 4wd. I tried it in park, in neutral and while driving slow. Nothing worked. Dealership did an update on Powertrain control module , transmission control module and drive train control module. Said it was fixed. Today I went to use the 4wd and it never engaged. I have to call the dealership back bright and early Monday morning. Anyone else have this issue or know what they did to fix it.
Side note, truck is still drivable. Transfer case never kicks in.
Thanks
Stephen.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good evening. I am having an issue with my 19 bighorn and I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue. I was trying my 4wd the other day. I don’t use it often so every other month I like to engage it. This time after pushing the button the 4wd high light next to the transmission knob kept flashing and so did the light on the dash. I tried all modes of the 4wd. I tried it in park, in neutral and while driving slow. Nothing worked. Dealership did an update on Powertrain control module , transmission control module and drive train control module. Said it was fixed. Today I went to use the 4wd and it never engaged. I have to call the dealership back bright and early Monday morning. Anyone else have this issue or know what they did to fix it.
Thanks
Stephen.
Apologies for the trouble, Stephen. Please know that our team is always a private message away and we are more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support should you work with your dealer again on this.

Mark
RamCares

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks
Stephen.
Did they check the fluid levels? A lot of times that ends of being the issue here on this forum...low on fluid. Personally, I like that it won't engage in low fluid...keeps from ruining the parts. Still very inconvenient in your case though.

Stephenlaplaca

Reaction score
Apologies for the trouble, Stephen. Please know that our team is always a private message away and we are more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support should you work with your dealer again on this.

Mark
RamCares
It ended up being a front axle disconnect. The dealership replaced it and 4wd works as advertised.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It ended up being a front axle disconnect. The dealership replaced it and 4wd works as advertised.
Thank you for following up to provide this update, it is great to hear! Our team is always a private message away if you happen to need any support down the road.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread