5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Gen King / Fox / Icon kits on a 5th Gen?

blownout1500

Reaction score
My back still hurts from my desert run yesterday LOL.

With that in mind, Does anyone know if the 4th Gen front coil overs and rear struts are the same length/spec as the new 5th Gen? If so, I figure the 4th Gen King / Fox / Icon OEM replacement coilovers/bypasses should also fit(?).

I’ve got a buddy with a 4th Gen who put Kings on - planning to see if he’s still got his OEMs hand so I can measure. In the meantime, I figured I’d reach out to see if anyone has already done the same.

If the shock swap dimensions work out, I’m hoping my ReadyLift UCAs provide the necessary additional angle to handle the increased travel. Not as sexy as a billet/Heimed UCA, but any port in a storm lol.

FYI - spoke with Dirtking already. Their 4th Gen longtravel kit won’t fit the new 5th Gens (geometry & attachments not same), but that’s not to say that the shocks couldn’t be swapped for King etc. OEM replacements.

Thanks in advance if anyone has intel!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My back still hurts from my desert run yesterday LOL.

With that in mind, Does anyone know if the 4th Gen front coil overs and rear struts are the same length/spec as the new 5th Gen? If so, I figure the 4th Gen King / Fox / Icon OEM replacement coilovers/bypasses should also fit(?).

I’ve got a buddy with a 4th Gen who put Kings on - planning to see if he’s still got his OEMs hand so I can measure. In the meantime, I figured I’d reach out to see if anyone has already done the same.

If the shock swap dimensions work out, I’m hoping my ReadyLift UCAs provide the necessary additional angle to handle the increased travel. Not as sexy as a billet/Heimed UCA, but any port in a storm lol.

FYI - spoke with Dirtking already. Their 4th Gen longtravel kit won’t fit the new 5th Gens (geometry & attachments not same), but that’s not to say that the shocks couldn’t be swapped for King etc. OEM replacements.

Thanks in advance if anyone has intel!
Won't work. Can't search for the post at the moment but there have been side by side comparisons of the 4th gen factory/bilstein/5th gen factory struts. The 4th gens are much shorter, mainly due to where the spring perch sits if I remember correctly. The bilsteins I don't believe would barely add any lift even on the 2.7" setting.

blownout1500

Reaction score
Won't work. Can't search for the post at the moment but there have been side by side comparisons of the 4th gen factory/bilstein/5th gen factory struts. The 4th gens are much shorter, mainly due to where the spring perch sits if I remember correctly. The bilsteins I don't believe would barely add any lift even on the 2.7" setting.

Good info, thx. I’ll search for the post but if you have a sec please post link if you can!

blownout1500

Reaction score

Was this the post?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was this the post?
That’s not it. I believe it was actually on another forum. I posted it in this thread here.

Users who are viewing this thread