5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Villegmi

Reaction score
I recently installed a 3.5” leveling kit and put Fuel Vapors on 35x12.5R20 on the truck. The tires fit but a little before full lock there seems to be a little rubbing. Is there a fix for this besides going to a larger lift? Will spacers help? Sorry for the bother, new to this...Thanks in advance

nicodywill

Reaction score
What is the offset of your rims and where is it currently rubbing?
Without knowing these two things we wont be able to say if spacers would remedy or make the rubbing worse (or fix that rub point but create a new rub point).

Villegmi

Reaction score
What is the offset of your rims and where is it currently rubbing?
Without knowing these two things we wont be able to say if spacers would remedy or make the rubbing worse (or fix that rub point but create a new rub point).
The offset is -19mm, and it rubs on the inside of the quarter panels on the door side between half turn and full lock, but goes away at full lock. It is close on the bumper side so I’d imagine on a hill it may also rub there.

Attachments

• F7986E55-8947-4C40-B77E-B19454001608.jpeg
    F7986E55-8947-4C40-B77E-B19454001608.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 111
  • 798BAE2F-6563-49CE-9732-A799F2ABF2EB.jpeg
    798BAE2F-6563-49CE-9732-A799F2ABF2EB.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 108

nicodywill

Reaction score
Spacers aren't going to fix it, spacers will push the wheels out further and make it much worse. Going more positive on the wheel offset won't help either because it's going to rub on the UCA's and other areas on the inside. The tires are too big for the current application.

EDIT: Actually this guy has a similar setup to yours and fixed his rubbing issues and made a how to thread.

Last edited:

Villegmi

Reaction score
Spacers aren't going to fix it, spacers will push the wheels out further and make it much worse. Going more positive on the wheel offset won't help either because it's going to rub on the UCA's and other areas on the inside. The tires are too big for the current application.

EDIT: Actually this guy has a similar setup to yours and fixed his rubbing issues and made a how to thread.
Thanks so much, was just looking at that thread and will be trying this during the week to see if I can salvage my purchase of the 35s...hoping for the best

RowdyH

Reaction score
I recently installed a 3.5” leveling kit and put Fuel Vapors on 35x12.5R20 on the truck. The tires fit but a little before full lock there seems to be a little rubbing. Is there a fix for this besides going to a larger lift? Will spacers help? Sorry for the bother, new to this...Thanks in advance
I’m new as well so sorry if this is the wrong spot for this question. I will be adding this same set up to mine in the next few months, curious if you could feel much difference in your acceleration with the 35’s. Have thought about going a little bit smaller in tire for less weight but if there’s not that much difference in acceleration from a stop I think the 35’s look great! Thanks for your help!

nicodywill

Reaction score
I’m new as well so sorry if this is the wrong spot for this question. I will be adding this same set up to mine in the next few months, curious if you could feel much difference in your acceleration with the 35’s. Have thought about going a little bit smaller in tire for less weight but if there’s not that much difference in acceleration from a stop I think the 35’s look great! Thanks for your help!

I went from the stock 275/55R20 4-ply up to 285/65R20 10-plys and back down to 305/55/R20 4-plys just recently.
I can tell you with certainty there is a NOTICEABLE difference in the way the truck feels and drives in making those tire size swaps (I have the 3.21 gears in my truck as added reference)

Users who are viewing this thread