5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 Mega Cab HEMI Order

Westfield

Reaction score
I just tried to order a 3500 Laramie Mega Cab and the dealer said they aren't making them with the HEMI yet and don't know when they will be. Allegedly they're only producing diesels. Has anyone else gotten this feedback? Another dealer didn't mention it and is willing to take my order, but I don't want to get stuck with a 6 month wait while my trade-in value drops.

Last edited:

sillybinaries

Reaction score
I stopped by three dealers looking to build out a 3500 Limited Megacab Dually w/ a 6.4 as 1) I do not need the towing power of a Diesel, and 2) nor the maintenance. Ultimately was told that these will not be released till 2020 model unless I want to purchase the Diesel now. sigh...

Westfield

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's true. The dealer I ended up ordering through said they just had to enter the order as a "sold" order and it bypassed the restrictions in their ordering system on the HEMI. I'm in D1 status now with a 4/22 build week, so it seems to have worked.

Curious why you want the dually if you aren't towing much? I assume it's for the payload...

sillybinaries

Reaction score
I will reach out again, but they were pretty consistent on the HEMI and Dually combo. And yes, you are correct I am in need of payload with ~5000lb wet weight truck camper.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's true. The dealer I ended up ordering through said they just had to enter the order as a "sold" order and it bypassed the restrictions in their ordering system on the HEMI. I'm in D1 status now with a 4/22 build week, so it seems to have worked.

Curious why you want the dually if you aren't towing much? I assume it's for the payload...

Did your truck come in yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread