5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35" clearance on 3.5" RC lift/level

LuckyWelds

Reaction score
I've been flipping through the suspension and wheel/tire Forums and have not found a sure fire answer.
I've run the size comparisons between stocks and the proposed setup that I'm looking at and it appears that it should fit but someone may have first hand experience.
The wheels are 20x10 -18
The tires are 35x12.25 which is approximately 318/60
Just off those specs alone in comparison to the factory 18s being : 18x8 +19
Stock Tires: 275/65

The proposed setup should be about 11mm further away from the suspension.
With the 3.5" RC lift/level has anyone seen any issues?

SColang22

Reaction score
I've been flipping through the suspension and wheel/tire Forums and have not found a sure fire answer.
I've run the size comparisons between stocks and the proposed setup that I'm looking at and it appears that it should fit but someone may have first hand experience.
The wheels are 20x10 -18
The tires are 35x12.25 which is approximately 318/60
Just off those specs alone in comparison to the factory 18s being : 18x8 +19
Stock Tires: 275/65

The proposed setup should be about 11mm further away from the suspension.
With the 3.5" RC lift/level has anyone seen any issues?
So I got the 3.5" RC with 35s on a 20x9 +1 offset. I am just clearing the upper control arms and it seems if I went out farther I would need to trim some plastic

Last edited:

LuckyWelds

Reaction score
So I got the 3.5" RC with 35s on a 20x9 +1 offset. I am just clearing the upper control arms and it seems if I went out farther I would need to trim so plastic

I see in your signature you're running .25" spacers which makes your wheels almost comparable to -5 offset?
Just so I'm understanding it right, a further negative offset would pull you further from the UCAs but push you toward the plastics?
Trimming plastic meaning inner fender liners or mudflaps?

SColang22

Reaction score
I see in your signature you're running .25" spacers which makes your wheels almost comparable to -5 offset?
Just so I'm understanding it right, a further negative offset would pull you further from the UCAs but push you toward the plastics?
Trimming plastic meaning inner fender liners or mudflaps?
so I'm running 1/4" spacers on a stock wheel giving me a 0 offset. saying 0 is just easier explaining then that. If I went further negative it would push my towards the fenders. I clear those by maybe 1/2"

LuckyWelds

Reaction score
so I'm running 1/4" spacers on a stock wheel giving me a 0 offset. saying 0 is just easier explaining then that. If I went further negative it would push my towards the fenders. I clear those by maybe 1/2"
You know, I read the signature, saw the 1/4" spacer but didn't read the stock wheel portion.
If the stocks are +19 a quarter inch would be pulling you back to a +12/+13 wouldn't it?

SColang22

Reaction score
You know, I read the signature, saw the 1/4" spacer but didn't read the stock wheel portion.
If the stocks are +19 a quarter inch would be pulling you back to a +12/+13 wouldn't it?
Did I math wrong? I thought it was a lot more than that. yep your right!

LuckyWelds

Reaction score
Did I math wrong? I thought it was a lot more than that. yep your right!
No worries, to be fair, I've been staring at this all day trying to add and subtract the wheel sizes / offsets to tire diameters and sizes.
You gave me a really good line of info about the wheels hitting the fenders which I'm going to need to look into. Have an eye on a set of tires I want but if they don't work, they don't work.

Thank you so much for the help

SColang22

Reaction score
Man id be worried going to a zero then. idk if anyone has done it

stippLe

Reaction score
Man id be worried going to a zero then. idk if anyone has done it
I put 1/4 spacers ontoday to get away from the UCAs but isn't these spacers moving our stock wheels off the hub center and placing all faith in studs.... Which is bad from my basic understanding.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put 1/4 spacers ontoday to get away from the UCAs but isn't these spacers moving our stock wheels off the hub center and placing all faith in studs.... Which is bad from my basic understanding.
You'll be fine. Most people running aftermarket wheels are in the same boat, unless they you hubcentric rings, which most people don't. They will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread