5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3" Fabtech Dirt Logic Coil Over Kit finally arrived and installed

TrailBoss

Reaction score
The wait far as getting the lift suck but was well worth it. Like the ride so far. Only had one small issue but was able to correct it. The passenger side coil over bracket was in the wrong direction but was able to spin the coil over 180 which I reached out to several people before trying. The only modifications needed to be done was on the rear shock mount you have to grind down some on the bottom mount for clearance of the shock body and also cut out some of the front wheel well plastic for clearance for the reservoirs. Rear springs I didn't mark before pulling so hopefully they are in correct spots. Still not sure on that part or if it matters. Netted a lil over 3" in the front at the current setting it came with after it finally settled and then a little over 1.5" in the rear. Was hoping for a little more lift in the rear, but so far I am very happy with the kit. Only downfall was it took me 2 days to install which I guess is not too bad with doing it in the driveway by myself with fiancé fetching tools and beverages! Only thing left now is to retorque everything after driving it some.

DB2DE7FB-.jpg IMG_1972.jpg IMG_1979.jpg IMG_1982.jpg

Last edited:

spiG

Reaction score
Looks good. Expensive kit for the height gained but i'm sure it rides great, at least i'd hope. Was going to get the same wheels but in red or bronze 20x10.

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Looks good. Expensive kit for the height gained but i'm sure it rides great, at least i'd hope. Was going to get the same wheels but in red or bronze 20x10.
Yeah for the price you are not getting much lift but 3” is all I was looking for and did not want a spacer type lift and I’ve always liked coil overs course never had reservoirs so figured why not!

Todd1500

Reaction score
I'm a little confused. You have the ORP and you still got 3" of lift with this kit? Wouldn't you only net 2" up front? Courious how you feel about it after you've had it offroad. Looks great!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. You have the ORP and you still got 3" of lift with this kit? Wouldn't you only net 2" up front? Courious how you feel about it after you've had it offroad. Looks great!

I think it's a coil over with an adjustable perch, shouldn't that allow him to proload the spring and increase the height?

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Yeah I didn’t mess with the coil over how it was shipped. Was 37” at fender and now around 40” after install. At first it was much higher until it settled.

TrailBoss

Reaction score
I didnt. Did yours feel like it was hoping a bit after the install? Might just be my ocd but at lower speeds it seems to hop. Springs just need break in?
Yeah mine felt like that but after driving a lil it settled. Steering is straight but still gonna take it in for alignment

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Yeah I just have to tweak the coil spring a little bit maybe make it stiffer seems the springs are out of ratio so it rocks a bit but by far worth the money.

Aacavuoto

Reaction score
Just purchased this kit myself. Waiting for wheels and tires to arrive to complete install. Have any of you gone highway speeds with it? I’m curious about going up 3” and only doing UCA and Coils with no other components. Also any off roading? The anticipation is killing me!

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Just purchased this kit myself. Waiting for wheels and tires to arrive to complete install. Have any of you gone highway speeds with it? I’m curious about going up 3” and only doing UCA and Coils with no other components. Also any off roading? The anticipation is killing me!
Highway speeds everyday and no problems that I have seen. Have not taken offroad yet.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Update: RamRod has officially been offroad and I dont think there isn't anything it cant do now. I was able to do 45 on a dirtroad and soak up the non-graded road plus cross a creek. It does just about everything I wanted it to.

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
The wait far as getting the lift suck but was well worth it. Like the ride so far. Only had one small issue but was able to correct it. The passenger side coil over bracket was in the wrong direction but was able to spin the coil over 180 which I reached out to several people before trying. The only modifications needed to be done was on the rear shock mount you have to grind down some on the bottom mount for clearance of the shock body and also cut out some of the front wheel well plastic for clearance for the reservoirs. Rear springs I didn't mark before pulling so hopefully they are in correct spots. Still not sure on that part or if it matters. Netted a lil over 3" in the front at the current setting it came with after it finally settled and then a little over 1.5" in the rear. Was hoping for a little more lift in the rear, but so far I am very happy with the kit. Only downfall was it took me 2 days to install which I guess is not too bad with doing it in the driveway by myself with fiancé fetching tools and beverages! Only thing left now is to retorque everything after driving it some.

View attachment 68511 View attachment 68512 View attachment 68513 View attachment 68514

Now that you’ve had the kit for a while can you comment on the street/off-road ride quality? Do you feel a difference with the poly bushings in the UCA’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread