5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5" lift CV joint experiences

Tac747

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone that has used the 3.5" lifts (RC or ready lift) has had any problems with the CV joints as the angles with the 3.5" lift look a little borderline to me. I do not claim to be any kind of expert. Just curious if anyone who has had them on their vehicle for a while and goes off road has had any CV joint problems.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
No issues with mine, I believe I was the first to have the lift put on their truck period (pre-ordered Readylift and put it on the same day I received the kit) so probably have the most miles on the system. The CV angles are fine, the diff and it's angles were designed in a way to accommodate an air ride truck w/ ORP set at offroad 2, which is pretty damn high to begin wit, so there is definitely enough slack for the extra bit of lift that you get out of the 3.5. I've experienced no binding, popping or any boot tears in the 8k miles it's been on, on and off road.

Tac747

Reaction score
No issues with mine, I believe I was the first to have the lift put on their truck period (pre-ordered Readylift and put it on the same day I received the kit) so probably have the most miles on the system. The CV angles are fine, the diff and it's angles were designed in a way to accommodate an air ride truck w/ ORP set at offroad 2, which is pretty **** high to begin wit, so there is definitely enough slack for the extra bit of lift that you get out of the 3.5. I've experienced no binding, popping or any boot tears in the 8k miles it's been on, on and off road.
DSOOBY, Thank you for the information.

Awd1990tsi

Reaction score
I only have about 1000 miles with the lift on, but I've had no problems either. Honestly while installing everything it all went together pretty easily, so it doesn't feel much like anything is at an extreme of travel.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Over 12,000 miles on a RC 3 1/2” lift and no problems. No major off-roading, just some occasional flatland pasture and field driving.

Reaction score
No issues with mine, I believe I was the first to have the lift put on their truck period (pre-ordered Readylift and put it on the same day I received the kit) so probably have the most miles on the system. The CV angles are fine, the diff and it's angles were designed in a way to accommodate an air ride truck w/ ORP set at offroad 2, which is pretty **** high to begin wit, so there is definitely enough slack for the extra bit of lift that you get out of the 3.5. I've experienced no binding, popping or any boot tears in the 8k miles it's been on, on and off road.
Hey DSOOBY did you have it installed or do it yourself? I love the look of the 3.5" but the few places I've called they don't use RL or haven't installed them before.

Twowheel805

Reaction score
No issues on mine either. Installed a 3.5 RC with UCA’s and 35’s and the CV angles are good to go.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Hey DSOOBY did you have it installed or do it yourself? I love the look of the 3.5" but the few places I've called they don't use RL or haven't installed them before.
I had it installed, it should be more or less the same as the rough country lift, just better quality IMO. Order the lift take it to any suspension or offroad shop and the should be able to put it on for you. There is nothing out of the ordinary about the kit and the instructions are pretty good.

SColang22

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone that has used the 3.5" lifts (RC or ready lift) has had any problems with the CV joints as the angles with the 3.5" lift look a little borderline to me. I do not claim to be any kind of expert. Just curious if anyone who has had them on their vehicle for a while and goes off road has had any CV joint problems.
I have the RC 3.5 and i am going with a BDS. Took it hard offroading this weekend and they are going to wear out on me quick. Angles arnt terrible but they aint great for my purposes. I'm going with a 4" BDS when they are released

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Any chance you could post some pics of ur front suspension angles?

StansRebel

Reaction score
No issues with mine, I believe I was the first to have the lift put on their truck period (pre-ordered Readylift and put it on the same day I received the kit) so probably have the most miles on the system. The CV angles are fine, the diff and it's angles were designed in a way to accommodate an air ride truck w/ ORP set at offroad 2, which is pretty damn high to begin wit, so there is definitely enough slack for the extra bit of lift that you get out of the 3.5. I've experienced no binding, popping or any boot tears in the 8k miles it's been on, on and off road.

Attachments

• 7DE10490-668D-48EA-9F46-536392552178.png
    7DE10490-668D-48EA-9F46-536392552178.png
    761.1 KB · Views: 452
  • 02768A52-FD8E-4C42-8C3D-B2E4D3FD4514.jpeg
    02768A52-FD8E-4C42-8C3D-B2E4D3FD4514.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 475

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Mine seem very steep
You have a Rebel, you already have an extra inch of lift because of the longer Bilstein shocks... You effectively have 4.5 inches of lift without a diff drop, of course your angles are going to be steep. Stock Setup plus 3.5 is well within the safe range, but if I were you, I would look into getting a different lift (one with a diff drop and new knuckles).

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Mine seem very steep
929C9C3E-DCED-4853-8D45-1D2F2A80E672.jpeg

Here’s mine for reference. If you don’t want to do a full lift, I would suggest leveling by removing the spacer that’s inside the strut, only using the top spacer and remove the rear spacer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online