5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285-45-22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers 70% tread, no plugs....worth $450 installed?

Kinalyx

Reaction score
Title kinda says it all, a local shop is selling these. Actually a few shops around seem to have some decent deals right now. Anyway, especially with the uneven tire wear on the air ride trucks, is this deal worth grabbing?

Shawn

oaviking06

Reaction score
I would say that is a steal BUT Look at Date code to see how old they are as well, I was looking around for new/used tires to get rid of my stock goodyear eagle touring tires, they were wore and could no longer trust them, they had no grip. I just looked and those tires you mentioned and they cost 445 each, + install, + Taxes.. I found some pirelli plus 3,(Not the Factory Pirelli Verde) for $600 on FB +100 to install, Discount wanted like 1,200 +install, +Taxes. They still had 10/32nd thread so basically new and had Date Code of 2021..

I ended up buying from someone who had removed them because they wanted more aggressive looking tires.

Used tire shops are good, but most might have older tires but as long as they are not to old they should be fine.

I use to shop discount tire but right now these tire prices are just too high..
You can find good deals on FB or Craigslist..

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I say yes if they’re only a few years old or newer.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree with those above. If the date code is greater than 3 years, I would pass on used tires.

Users who are viewing this thread