5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

275/60r20 Too small?

JMartin

Reaction score
20x10 wheel -25. Anyone running a similiar setup? Wish you had gotten a wider tire? Curious what the thoughts are out there. Cost and ride quality are the obvious reasons im considering the tire size. Thanks guys.

Brockb10

Reaction score
20x10 wheel -25. Anyone running a similiar setup? Wish you had gotten a wider tire? Curious what the thoughts are out there. Cost and ride quality are the obvious reasons im considering the tire size. Thanks guys.

I’m running Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/60R20 116S XL and honestly the change from stock 275/55/20 was noticeable enough for me. I’m more conservative on how I like it to look so sure it could be a little wider, but with the thicker tread and slightly taller height I think it fills the well nicely.

I don’t plan on getting a lift and will eventually swap out the wheels, but this size provided a higher(slightly lifted) difference and road noise hasn’t been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMartin

Reaction score
I’m running Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/60R20 116S XL and honestly the change from stock 275/55/20 was noticeable enough for me. I’m more conservative on how I like it to look so sure it could be a little wider, but with the thicker tread and slightly taller height I think it fills the well nicely.

I don’t plan on getting a lift and will eventually swap out the wheels, but this size provided a higher(slightly lifted) difference and road noise hasn’t been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. Im lifted 3.5 and my stock is a 275/65/18 and i keep looking at it thinking its gonna look too narrow considering its the same tire essentially.

mp1

Reaction score
I have a 2.5 lift, and just ordered some 285/60/20, which will be installed next week. I went with a 10 ply so I'm curious myself how the ride quality will be from the stock 275/55/20. I'll also be towing a 5500# TT, the reason for going with the E rating.

The cost in a 275/60/20 P or SL rated tire compared with a 285/60/20 E was almost 100 bucks/tire. I'm also running a 20x9 rim with a 0 offset. Your setup is a bit out of my realm though. So sorry, can't speak on that portion.

If you're running a 20x10 rim, I doubt you will regret running a wider tire, as that rim will accommodate a pretty wide one. . You jut have to factor in what you're going to be doing with the wheels. With a 3.5" lift, you can easily run a 35" tire. it's up to you whether or not you want to run a wider tire w/ less sidewall, of a taller tire w/ more sidewall, but thinner.

Users who are viewing this thread