5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22inch rims upgrade

Melvilarnt

Reaction score
Hello Guys!
I searched but couldnt find exactly the correct answer.
I have a 1500 tradesman with the stock 18 inch wheels that are really too small in my opinion.
I want to upgrade to those 22 inch rims Laramie replica on ebay here. (if you guys have any insight/reviews about those rims id gladly take them)
Three questions:
-Can I put 22inch rims without having to trim or change anything?
-What size tires would work for those rims and what tires do you recommend for regular use?
-How much height will I gain from the stock wheel?

thanks guys im very glad this forum exists!

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
- Yes
- Stick with the factory sizes to ensure you don't have any issues (285 /45 R22)
- Negligible....the overall diameter should be the same. At least it was for me when I upgraded from my 20's to my 22's

ny2az

Reaction score
- Yes
- Stick with the factory sizes to ensure you don't have any issues (285 /45 R22)
- Negligible....the overall diameter should be the same. At least it was for me when I upgraded from my 20's to my 22's

the above answers are correct....
l do believe you can stick a 305/45R22 as well without issues on stock offset rims ... this size is a taller tire by about 3/4" compared to the 285/45 ...

Last edited:

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Hello Guys!
I searched but couldnt find exactly the correct answer.
I have a 1500 tradesman with the stock 18 inch wheels that are really too small in my opinion.
I want to upgrade to those 22 inch rims Laramie replica on ebay here. (if you guys have any insight/reviews about those rims id gladly take them)
Three questions:
-Can I put 22inch rims without having to trim or change anything?
-What size tires would work for those rims and what tires do you recommend for regular use?
-How much height will I gain from the stock wheel?

thanks guys im very glad this forum exists!
Also too don't know if it would matter or not but figured it was worth mentioning, I do know the trucks that come with the factory 22s have a bigger bore size, when looking for lift kits you have to select if you have factory 22s so they include the upgraded knuckles... So idk if the bigger wheel would cause more stress on the trucks that don't have them from factory or not?!?

Users who are viewing this thread