5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'22 Laramie Mufflers

mrapollo69

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Got a '22 Laramie 5.7 etorque and wanted to get the flowmaster 50. I need a little more info as no one local has been a help. What sizes are the outlet/inlet that I'd need, what kind of outlet positions would I need, and would I need 1 or 2 mufflers? Thanks!

PS: If anyone can also recommend something similar to the 50, I'd be grateful. I want something that sounds good on start-up/ gassing it but want the inside with no drone/ little noise. I'm looking at anything 95db or less. Thanks again!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It should be a single muffler, 3" in and out, center position. Figure about $100 or so for the muffler, $175 or so for the labor, welding, custom hangers, etc. for the muffler shop to install. About $275 out the door for a single muffler install.

But just to be sure, I would double check with the muffler shop, any good muffler shop should be able to confirm this information, at the very least with an initial visit. Most shops will already have that muffler in stock.

You shouldn't experience much if any drone on a 50 series, even in 4-cylinder MDS mode, but sound is a very subjective matter. I have a Flowmaster Outlaw, the complete other side of the spectrum muffler to the 50-series, and to me it produces zero drone except in MDS mode. But I'm use to louder exhaust systems.

mrapollo69

Reaction score
So I ended up getting the Flowmaster 943051 50 Delta Flow Muffler - 3.00 in/out. It's supposed to get here Thursday, so hopefully on Friday I can get it installed unless it gets delivered early. I'll update once it's installed. I appreciate all of the help and recommendations.

mrapollo69

Reaction score
Alright! Here it is, installed. 125 for the Flowmaster 50, 75 for install. My wife said She liked the sound and it wasn't over baring. We could talk normally inside the cabin.

mrapollo69

Reaction score
Alright! Here it is, installed. 125 for the Flowmaster 50, 75 for install. My wife said She liked the sound and it wasn't over baring. We could talk normally inside the cabin.
Actually, it's not letting me upload the video...

1500DFW

Reaction score
I wonder how this compares to the GT exhaust. I like the sound of it but am concerned about drone. But for the difference in cost it may be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread